Adding Osprey 45 to HK45C
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Adding Osprey 45 to HK45C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Adding Osprey 45 to HK45C

Any recommendations on the best way to obtain approval to own a suppressor in Florida? I'd like to add an Osprey 45 to my HK45C for home defense and range practice.

I was reading that getting signatures is required and also this.
    "Silencers (also known as suppressors or mufflers) are devices attached to or part of a barrel of a firearm or air gun that reduces audible noise and visible muzzle flash. A $200 tax is required to be paid to the ATF to transfer a silencer into your Florida gun trust or for your Florida gun trust to manufacture a silencer"

What have most Florida residents done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

There are plenty of online articles explaining the process. This is one, but doing a Google search will find others.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ho...10-easy-steps/

Basically, you find the suppressor you want, either at a local dealer, or from one of the many online shops like Silencer Shop, Capitol Armory, or Hansohn Brothers, and buy one, which starts the process. You fill out the paperwork and send it in, along with photos, fingerprint cards, and a check or MO for $200 to the ATF, and be prepared to wait for up to a year before you get approval to take your new toy home. The dealer should be able to help with the paperwork and guide you through the process.

Youíll have to decide whether you want to file as an individual or a trust, and if itís the latter, you need to get the trust set up beforehand. Again, plenty of search information about whether individual or trust is better.

As a note specific to the Osprey, youíll need to buy the properly threaded piston separately because the Osprey doesnít come with a piston.

Personally, my first purchase was from a LGS, while subsequent ones were through Silencer Shop.
    polyee likes this.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Go to https://www.silencershop.com and research. They have all the info you need.

Jframe and polyee like this.
    In this house we serve the Lord, but we use H&K.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, SilencerCo will fix you up really good. They will explain all the form and processes. Good Luck
    polyee likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwillHK View Post
    There are plenty of online articles explaining the process. This is one, but doing a Google search will find others.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ho...10-easy-steps/

Basically, you find the suppressor you want, either at a local dealer, or from one of the many online shops like Silencer Shop, Capitol Armory, or Hansohn Brothers, and buy one, which starts the process. You fill out the paperwork and send it in, along with photos, fingerprint cards, and a check or MO for $200 to the ATF, and be prepared to wait for up to a year before you get approval to take your new toy home. The dealer should be able to help with the paperwork and guide you through the process.

Youíll have to decide whether you want to file as an individual or a trust, and if itís the latter, you need to get the trust set up beforehand. Again, plenty of search information about whether individual or trust is better.

As a note specific to the Osprey, youíll need to buy the properly threaded piston separately because the Osprey doesnít come with a piston.

Personally, my first purchase was from a LGS, while subsequent ones were through Silencer Shop.
    Up to a year? Wow, that's surprising. Thanks for the insight.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If waiting is not your game you can go one step further and efile a Form 1 and make your own. I would not recommend it necessarily, but it is much quicker.
    polyee likes this.
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this is your first suppressor and you no nothing about the form 1 and how to go about filling one, i recommend you talk to a Pro that will walk you through it, The next time you can give it a try on your own.
    polyee likes this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polyee View Post
    Up to a year? Wow, that's surprising. Thanks for the insight.

Yes. Acquiring NFA items is a patient manís game.

polyee likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone. Looks like my LGS has the silencer shop Elite Kiosk. I think Iíll go that route

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polyee View Post
    Thanks everyone. Looks like my LGS has the silencer shop Elite Kiosk. I think Iíll go that route

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That is the best choice you can make! Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links