WTS: STOP editing out the PRICE!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WTS: STOP editing out the PRICE!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default WTS: STOP editing out the PRICE!!!

This thread may not last but maybe the mods can put in a rule.
    It would be nice if people would STOP editing out the price info when something sells. This is good info for people looking for pricing info and trends. It's no secret, the sellers had a publicly listed price so what gives?
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+ 1. I completely agree. We all need comparable sales prices should we decide to seller similar items.

Leather & Lace Fiend
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    "a lascivious taste for the grotesque, the painfully paradoxical, the questionable and the absurd." Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

This is not a marketplace-driven forum. It's not about vicariously gaining price information from past sales. A sale (and subsequent purchase by another) of an item becomes a private transaction once it is agreed to by both parties. If those parties wish to retain privacy about price after the fact (some folks have wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends that they do not wish to know how much they spent), then that is their choice. I don't see how a stranger to the transaction has any standing to complain about being deprived of a data point for their own satisfaction.
    caf82313 likes this.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

To me the best place to get a value of something is to go where the items are frequently seen and sold. Since this is the grand poobah of HK places I figure this is a great place to find the true value of HK related items because this is where a large majority of people come for all things HK. Respectable and knowledgeable people here.
    I agree, the final agreed on price is private and nobody really knows what that is. But listed prices, I feel, should remain. If they didn't want someone to see it they should not have published it on a public forum where millions of people could see it.
    I have HK items that I'd like to sell and I'd like to sell them to like minded people so I prefer this site vs, gunjoker or some other superfluous location. This is also where the real value of those items are likely to be found.
    If I'm outta line say so and I'll shut up.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

The owners/operators of this board have decided from the very beginning that this board is NOT about the marketplace. It is true that because HK technical information is here, that there are people here who wish to buy/sell out of common interest; however, that aspect is a mere byproduct. The tail does not wag the dog. Having said all that, there is plenty of price information to be gleaned from this board as it is. The fact that there is not MORE information should not be disconcerting. Please allow others the freedom to handle the privacy aspects of their own ads in the manner that best suits their own paradigm. You, likewise, can handle yours as you wish.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Very well. Thanks for your guidance.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

And I will repeat what I said in the other thread:

Allow me to put some gift wrap and a bow on this discussion... It's silly to argue about it. If deleting the prices is a thorn in people's side, it is short lived. All Marketplace threads are deleted after ~60 days. So there really is no permanent record and what little record there is lasts for a relatively short period of time. Marking the item as sold is a polite thing to do and tends to minimize the "Is this still available?" questions inevitably asked by folks who do not take the time to read the whole thread.

Personally, I couldn't care less about deleting the sales price. It seems like a lot of work, but stay calm and carry on.

And now that I have my second espresso down, I'm thinking that establishing some type of yardstick price guide might be useful. A separate section divided up into the various HK models that allows folks to post what they just bought/sold a given item for and in what condition and where. It would require a LOT of moderation...

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    And I will repeat what I said in the other thread:

Allow me to put some gift wrap and a bow on this discussion... It's silly to argue about it. If deleting the prices is a thorn in people's side, it is short lived. All Marketplace threads are deleted after ~60 days. So there really is no permanent record and what little record there is lasts for a relatively short period of time. Marking the item as sold is a polite thing to do and tends to minimize the "Is this still available?" questions inevitably asked by folks who do not take the time to read the whole thread.

Personally, I couldn't care less about deleting the sales price. It seems like a lot of work, but stay calm and carry on.

And now that I have my second espresso down, I'm thinking that establishing some type of yardstick price guide might be useful. A separate section divided up into the various HK models that allows folks to post what they just bought/sold a given item for and in what condition and where. It would require a LOT of moderation...
    That is what we pay you for!!!
    If I want values, I just go to GB and desktop.

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    That is what we pay you for!!!
    If I want values, I just go to GB and desktop.

Tony
    Amen Tony
    I also track the firearm sakes on GB and include opening price, reserve, sales price if it sells.
    The data is useful when buying and selling.
    I'm one that deletes the sales price after striking a deal with a member here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links