Post count diminished?? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Post count diminished??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FPNunes View Post
    Besides, I'm pretty sure Tony and Toosixy have a team of foreign hackers working day and night to siphon post counts to themselves...
    Now that Assange is in the hands of the British police, you won't see my post count increases by 500 posts each day like Tony's.
    FPNunes and AGG like this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Keep it!!!
    I am missing about 2K--- oh well--- still more than @TooSixy--- and that is what matters.

Tony
    I know a lot of you guys are making jokes about this and Tony you do have a crazy high post count either way. The jokes are pretty funny and all but that is not the issue. I am not concerned about the number of posts I have I am concerned about the information that is supposed to be archived on this board.

The issue is that people come here for answers and most of us on this board try pretty hard to help others by answering their questions. I know I personally have spent over an hour trying to answer someone's questions before on multiple occasions. These questions and answers are supposed to be archived here for others with similar questions in the future. That way folks can first search for an answer prior to starting a new thread. The main purpose of this board is to help others and if thousands of posts are suddenly missing I find it very hard to believe that posts and even whole threads of substance are not missing.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hello all,

I'll bring this up to the team when I can. I'll see what we can do about this.
    But if the techs have already indexed the post count on their end, this should be the post count that users are at.

Please standby for more updates and sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
    No offense but this is a nonsensical and somewhat insulting answer. Our posts counts did not jump by hundreds or thousands of posts overnight so there is no way that they could be diminished by hundreds or thousands overnight and the new lower number simply be the legitimate post count.
    Last edited by The_Great_308; 04-18-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Dan *HK* and AGG like this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_308 View Post
    I know a lot of you guys are making jokes about this and Tony you do have a crazy high post count either way. The jokes are pretty funny and all but that is not the issue. I am not concerned about the number of posts I have I am concerned about the information that is supposed to be archived on this board.

The issue is that people come here for answers and most of us on this board try pretty hard to help others by answering their questions. I know I personally have spent over an hour trying to answer someone's questions before on multiple occasions. These questions and answers are supposed to be archived here for others with similar questions in the future. That way folks can first search for an answer prior to starting a new thread. The main purpose of this board is to help others and if thousands of posts are suddenly missing I find it very hard to believe that posts and even whole threads of substance are not missing.

No offense but this is a nonsensical and somewhat insulting answer. Our posts counts did not jump by hundreds or thousands of posts overnight so there is no way that they could be diminished by hundreds or thousands overnight and the new lower number simply be the legitimate post count.
    No offense taken--- I like to contribute, and be informative and courteous!!!
    The post count is immaterial--- lost information is highly relevant.
    I believe that VS cleared out much of the "really old" information to increase space for the site--- an inexpensive (read as cheapo) method of saving money.

Tony
    The_Great_308 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

@admin Here's a thread that disappeared. Posts, history and count gone like vapor. Doesn't mean it didn't exist!

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...etal-ammo.html

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    @admin Here's a thread that disappeared. Posts, history and count gone like vapor. Doesn't mean it didn't exist!

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-t...etal-ammo.html
    We don’t do ammo discussions. It was deleted by a moderator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01 / 03

Administrator
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

one way to figure this out is to see what are the common dates all the users have, that have missing posts.
    if they're all similar then it might hint that there's something missing in the database that isn't just our claims that the reindexing is now showing your real post count status.

Lee

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

Or you could go back to a back up from a few weeks before this mess started and do some comparisons. It's hard for users to put a finger on exactly what is missing when it is gone. @admin
    The_Great_308 likes this.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Are areas such as the classifieds still purged periodically? On a rolling schedule of some sort? I recall it was discussed in the past.

Does posting in the classifieds and similar areas increase a user's post count?

@admin relays that engineering indicates current post counts are correct because the database was run through a "reindexing" process.

Maybe we are seeing users lose a portion of their post count because the content that originally incremented the count no longer exists.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

There have been no deletions from classifieds in quite some time.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

How does one find (or remember) a missing post???

Tony

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links