Post count diminished?? - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Post count diminished??

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So instead of the post count being historical reflection of board participation it is a current running tally of all posts still in the system?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    That would be impossible for someone like @AGG to go through all 28,426 posts to find a couple. :)
    No doubt!!!
    Unless it is a recent post, the proof required is unrealistic, and a convenient ruse, which has probably worked with sites whose members are not dedicated, unlike those on this site.
    VS should just admit that it intentionally and/or accidentally "lost/deleted data" while transference and/or clearing space.

Tony
    The_Great_308 and ecsuser like this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If posts are missing and that is why the post count has been lowered how would any member have Poof of missing posts? Is there a back up of all of the data from this site or not? If there is then tech should be able to figure out what is missing and restore it. If not and they Disappeared the data then again they should be able to answer the question. Some members post counts have changed by hundreds or more. That is not simply explained away by saying that the new count reflects the accurate total.
    FPNunes likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

At the end of the day post counts on an internet forum I imagine aren't a priority problem for a tech team. For those of us who have been here a long time, and thoughtfully contributed to this community, it is a bit disappointing to have this seemingly pushed back on the members to prove that our posts are missing. As The Great 308 put it above - who keeps proof of their posts?

I worked in IT for many, many years and found myself in a similar position of having to explain that sometimes you just don't know why things run off the rails without a lot of digging. It happens and you have to balance the resources needed to run down a tricky problem versus the rewards. I get it, I really do, and while my post count is several hundred posts less than it should be, I'm done worrying about it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Tony and Toosixy have a team of foreign hackers working day and night to siphon post counts to themselves...
    Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

@admin We have been patiently waiting for this to be fixed. Can you give us an update? Or hope?

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FPNunes View Post
    At the end of the day post counts on an internet forum I imagine aren't a priority problem for a tech team. For those of us who have been here a long time, and thoughtfully contributed to this community, it is a bit disappointing to have this seemingly pushed back on the members to prove that our posts are missing. As The Great 308 put it above - who keeps proof of their posts?

I worked in IT for many, many years and found myself in a similar position of having to explain that sometimes you just don't know why things run off the rails without a lot of digging. It happens and you have to balance the resources needed to run down a tricky problem versus the rewards. I get it, I really do, and while my post count is several hundred posts less than it should be, I'm done worrying about it. Besides, I'm pretty sure Tony and Toosixy have a team of foreign hackers working day and night to siphon post counts to themselves...
    Domestic!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    @admin We have been patiently waiting for this to be fixed. Can you give us an update? Or hope?
    Neither--- IT is probably contracted out to the lowest bidder!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mine were a bit over 10k over a year or so, and now are in the 8ks. I hope this doesn't mean I have to give back the free HK21 I received for my 10,000th post...
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Administrator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)

Hello all,

I'll bring this up to the team when I can. I'll see what we can do about this.
    But if the techs have already indexed the post count on their end, this should be the post count that users are at.

Please standby for more updates and sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    Mine were a bit over 10k over a year or so, and now are in the 8ks. I hope this doesn't mean I have to give back the free HK21 I received for my 10,000th post...
    Keep it!!!
    I am missing about 2K--- oh well--- still more than @TooSixy --- and that is what matters.

Tony
    TooSixy likes this.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links