Site suggestion on WTS pricing. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Site suggestion on WTS pricing.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shelby67_27614 View Post
    One more thought is that if current pricing is not relevant then why is it required for a WTS ad?
    So you can make out the check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mmissile and gulfstategaurd like this.
    01 / 03

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    So you can make out the check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More as in make offer

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Prices change. Items become rarer. Most people know what they're willing to spend, and I don't think it matters what someone else pays.
    TooSixy and caf82313 like this.
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it.
    You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good.
    Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
    Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat" Ronald Reagan

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shelby67_27614 View Post
    One more thought is that if current pricing is not relevant then why is it required for a WTS ad?
    Because this site is not an auction site.

Buying/selling is privilege on this forum. This forum is not Amazon, Gunbroker, or eBay where the main objective is to buy/sell/auction.
    caf82313 and jt15550 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a junior member here, but have used this site for years to research. One thing I'd research is how much to pay for X item. When the item is sold and the cost is not there, it doesn't help for sure. I would like to see it stay in the post, but not sure if it should be required.
    Happiness is a warm machine gun

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmissile View Post
    Prices change. Items become rarer. Most people know what they're willing to spend, and I don't think it matters what someone else pays.
    True that prices change over time but if they are there then they can help spot the types of trends you are aluding to as well as reversals of same as well as anomalous unicorns which do show up now and again. IMHO that type of info has helped some other unicorns find their way to the light of day as their owners realize what it's worth. Not all rare items fetch a premium price, some items just hit a tech dead end, are no longer relevant, or their design was lacking to begin with.

As others have mentioned sale pricing could change by pm and if it does in my experience its not by that much. So having a price does help.
    Last edited by flybynt; 06-05-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Leave it alone.....Enforce the Rules already on the books now that would make it better..............
    mmissile and TooSixy like this.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think with enough research you can find a pretty accurate price for most items

Administrator
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)

As Carrots noted, this has been covered in 2 other threads.

As per straightgrain's post:

Quote Originally Posted by straightgrain View Post
    Allow me to put some gift wrap and a bow on this discussion... It's silly to argue about it. If deleting the prices is a thorn in people's side, it is short lived. All Marketplace threads are deleted after ~60 days. So there really is no permanent record and what little record there is lasts for a relatively short period of time. Marking the item as sold is a polite thing to do and tends to minimize the "Is this still available?" questions inevitably asked by folks who do not take the time to read the whole thread.

Personally, I couldn't care less about deleting the sales price. It seems like a lot of work, but stay calm and carry on.

And now that I have my second espresso down, I'm thinking that establishing some type of yardstick price guide might be useful. A separate section divided up into the various HK models that allows folks to post what they just bought/sold a given item for and in what condition and where. It would require a LOT of moderation...
    - JB

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)

We no longer delete Marketplace ads (as required by Vertical Scope). Still it's a lot of work to police the addition/deletion of pricing points. And it is for very little gain.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links