Whats up with gatewood?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whats up with gatewood?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Whats up with gatewood?

Wont answer the phone, texted multiple times and get blown off. What gives? Making it hard to spend money if you dont respond to your customers.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Ben has a full time day job.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Ben has a full time day job.
    Yes--- he will get back with you!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He never did get a hold of me so i stopped trying.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrjason View Post
    He never did get a hold of me so i stopped trying.
    He always gets back to you, in this day an age of instant everything sometimes people just gotta chill.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chilling for over a month. how long should i chill for?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrjason View Post
    Chilling for over a month. how long should i chill for?
    For all I know your bugging the crap outta him and he doesn't wanna deal with ya.

One a more serious note, maybe he is just overwhelmed in this period of corona virus.
    It happens to all of us at one time or another.

If you really need a part and you get no response you can always buy from another vendor. Just saying....
    Lamont likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    On a more serious note, maybe he is just overwhelmed......It happens to all of us at one time or another.
    Truth be told I think that this may be a big, hidden reason why a lot of small operators go out of business, go under or move on to other endeavors. If the man had some major changes or a paradigm shift in his life lately, it may have caused a change in his outlook. This stuff we all do here in our "HK Life" is not as important, not even close to some other stuff we all deal with in life that is MUCH more important, sometimes when something like that comes along, it can cause you to absolutely not care about much else, even though you know you should. BTDT lately myself. Had to find a way to take some of the weight off. That way turned out to be letting Frankie and his staff at Keystone handle the sale of all my imports from now on.

Ben has been a reliable member of the community for years. The fact is, no one yet knows why he's gone dark, and until we do, it's probably circumspect not to get too bent about it unless he owes you money. You'd feel bad trashing the guy and find out he's been in a medically induced coma for the last few weeks or something, right?
    Brad4065 and veritas like this.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not trashing him at all. Just wanted to buy some items is all and no, i was not hassling him. He has been putting up stuff for sale on this site recently but has been MIA in being contacted. Just want to know what the deal is. There are others wondering as well but they can speak for themselves if they want.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

I've dealt with Ben, and he's been a pleasure to work with. You should re-read @Lamont post again. He nailed it. I'm in small business too, and again....he nailed it to a "T". Just for example.....personally...... I've done eight (8) funerals this year, probably more than I've done in my lifetime. So my perspective on a LOT of things has changed 180 degrees.....including business as Lamont stated. So yeah....I'd chill, or move along to HKparts. Good luck on your endeavor.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links