C2 Shooting Center

C2 Shooting Center

1. scubacuba
    scubacuba
    Anyone been to C2 in southern Virginia Beach? I am thinking of going some time next week. At only $15/hr it sounds like an okay place. Although a couple of guys I work with have gone there and said they didn't care for the amount of time spent waiting in between hot times. Any input? I haven't been to the newly opened Colonial Shooting Academy either.
  2. 9mmmac
    9mmmac
    I've been there a few times. For me it's kind of a day trip, as the distance is a lot of town driving and busy 2 lane roads. It's much different than Colonial, as you're dealing with wind, lighting, shade, sweat ect. The cold times are probably from people farting around downrange. The RSO's really don't hassle people much if they are at the 100/200/300 yard lanes, but I try to hustle up and down. If you're doing a lot of shooting at the 200 or 300, sometimes the RSO's will hop on a little quad and retrieve/post your targets for you. C2 has a snack machine inside, lots of targets (cheap) and full retail prices on ammo.
  3. 9mmmac
    9mmmac
    Part 2: They will also rent you a craptacular spotting scope, but don't bother with that POS, or any others of it's ilk. Might as well save up and buy a Swarovski and buy once, cry once. Get your munchies in town and eat on the way, and bring water or a Camelback. I think the range rules say no eating/drinks on the line but I've been discreet and cleaned up my own mess and haven't been called out on it. They will let you take brass home if you're inclined. AFAICT, you pay by the hour and have free run of the pistol paper, pistol plates and rifle ranges at your whim. You're free to move about between any station when the range is hot, but if your section is cold, then you gotta be careful about benching weapons and such.

Overall, I like it a lot. The turn to Marvin road is easy to miss (I miss it about half the time) and it smells like a farm, but... recommended.