New to this! Looking for recommendations.

Thread: New to this! Looking for recommendations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New to this! Looking for recommendations.

I have shot guns in the past, but it was never really my thing until recently. I currently own a Ruger .380 that my dad gave me. Iím looking to purchase my first two hand guns. I have done a lot of research and HK stands out to me for lots of reasons, but a big reason is the ambidextrous controls (Iím a lefty). I was fortunate enough to shoot my dads P30 and a P30SK, which are great!

I am sold on purchasing the P30SK DA/S/A for carrying. I am having trouble deciding what to pair with it. Right now itís between the VP9 and the VP9SK for home. I would be open to a different carry pistol other than the P30SK. Let me know your recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

The compact / SK guns are great for a small carry package.

If you intend to get a second piece for home, I'd recommend a full-size P30. Full size is more controllable, and offers a higher round count. As someone largely new to guns, I'd suggest keeping things simple and having just a single style gun. DA/SA or striker - take your pick, but have both in that format.

I really like the P30. I'd stay away from DA/SA though, and get the LEM variants. A lot of the same advantages of a striker, and DA/SA combined.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I second what sickness said. Keep the actions the same between the full size and your edc for familiarity and simplicity.
    MK 23
    USP9 Expert
    USP9 Tactical
    P2000 9mm
    SP5K

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeg15 View Post
    I second what sickness said. Keep the actions the same between the full size and your edc for familiarity and simplicity.
    What he said. I did the same thing except I'm on the USP line. Tried the P30 and couldn't move past the USP.

Sponsored Links