HK Dealer
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK Dealer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question HK Dealer

Howzit everyone. I live on Kauai and haven't been to the semi-annual gunshow on Oahu since I moved. I remember a HK dealer named "Steve" that was at every show. I think he used to set up on the stage. Does anyone happen to know if he is still in the business and have his contact information? I'm getting a p30 V4 itch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howzit, I'm on Maui and spoke with Steve years ago. He sent me some literature at that time. This might have been like 10 yrs or so ago. If this is the same Steve, his last name was Gendel. I was just trying to get in touch with him and had no luck. I remember him saying his good friend was Massad Ayoob. I contacted Mas and sad to say, he said he had heard that Steve had passed on. If you find any new info plse let me know too.

Mahalo,
    Aaron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howzit Aaron! Thanks for the info. Wow...that's sad to hear! I was trying to search the ads of the HRA newsletters online as I tossed out the old issues I had, but couldn't find anything for Steve. He ALWAYS had an ad in the HRA newsletters and so I was wondering why that would have changed...now I see why. I think he may have been the only dealer in Hawaii would would actually be able to get a good price and not rip us off. I just called Magnum Firearms a couple of days ago (I was getting desperate as I NEVER give them my money) and as expected, got CRAPPY service...I'm now looking to CDNN or On Point Firearms for an HK.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howzit Poi Dog (& hifrmhi).

I remember Gendel too. He had some serious health issues and it doesn't surprise me he passed away. Honestly man in Hawaii, unless the gun is in stock somewhere you are better off buying it online and having your FFL bring it in.

Semi annual gun show..........you aren't missing much. The show hasn't been good for a long long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Howzit Gzire,
    Yeah, it's crazy here in Hawaii when it comes to gun prices. Security equipment is selling their HK45 for $1145 I believe...insane! I asked them about using their FFL to bring in an HK p30 but they no longer allow the use of their FFL. They were saying many gun shops are doing that now...I wonder if that would still be true for Security Equipment if Cyrus was still alive...he was a real nice guy. Anyway, I just visited one of the newer gun shops on Oahu called "The Gun Source" and they are cool. The owner called around to put a p30 on order but none of the distributors had any. So for now, I'm on a waiting list with no confirmed end date.

Oh, about the gun show...I agree. I don't even know why they have it. It appears that the purpose is just for getting all gun and knife dealers, sellers, makers, etc., together to show what their normal pricing is and to show you their inventory.
    Last edited by Poi Dog; 07-22-2009 at 05:24 AM. Reason: additional information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^Gun Source is Tony. I used to have him bring all my stuff in but he's charging way too much now (like $90+/transfer). Tony is off and on good from the standpoint that sometimes he can find stuff and sometimes he can't. Prices are subject to negotiation and vary. If he can find things then you might get a decent price, but I feel I can find the stuff I want faster and cheaper than he can.

I have switched to using Big Al to bring in my stuff (had him bring in a SR9 recently I bought here from MarcDW). He's probably got the cheapest transfer in the State. Al is located in Kailua and I think it's like $30 for the transfer, I forget. Big Al transfers the most firearms in the State period (I think he said he did something like 800+ transfers last year). If these other shops just lowered their rates they could make some serious $$$ just transfering firearms, but none but Al has figured that out. He has an email addy, but he's so busy the best thing to do is call him. While he was filling out paperwork on my SR9 I think he took at least 2 phone calls, pretty nuts.

Ready on the Right
    Al Mongeon
    301 Kailua Road
    PH 261-6588
    FFL Dealer #9-99-01523

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^So anyway, my advice to you is find the firearm, then use Big Al. Try checking Bud's Guns, or here someone has got to have one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah, that's his name...that's what I heard from the Security Equip. guys, that Tony charges $90. My co-worker mentioned and also uses Al. I remember talking to him some years ago an an HRA meeting. I let my membership laps but since have joined the NRA with an easy pay life membership. Once that's paid off, I'll get a life membership with the HRA...anyway, I decided to go with Tony as he is giving me a LE discount. He said the p30 was somewhere in the mid to upper $900 range but would give me $200 off. We'll see if he sticks to his word. If that falls thru, I'll most likely go with either Bud's, On Point, or CDNN. CDNN doesn't ship Hi-cap mags to Hawaii so they are last on my list. Gotta have those 15 rounders

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had a hard time finding things in local shops.
    I've had better luck finding private party locally, or bringing in from out of state.

The gun show was not so great.
    One of the fundamental delusions of liberalism is that they have a monopoly on compassion

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Poi Dog,
    You might want to check out this P30:

I want to sell my HK P30. It has NEVER BEEN FIRED. I bought it new a few months ago but never had a chance to shoot it, and need the cash. I am asking $900/obo. It comes with 3 NEW HK factory 10 round mags, the original case, and 2 boxes of ammo. Call or PM me with any questions. Brandon 392-0795. Must have permit to acquire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links