Just Arrived to Hawaii!

Thread: Just Arrived to Hawaii!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Just Arrived to Hawaii!

Hey everyone! Doc, here, reporting for duty! Hoping to meet some other HK fanatics here! I gotta say, I am pretty disappointed in the laws here, and I've only been here a day. Had to leave 2 12-rounder XD magazines behind. It really pisses me off! Almost done with my G36K build, but upset that I can't SBR it and will have to have my G36C project finished stateside. There are many projects I want to complete, but will only be able to enjoy when I go on leave. (I.e. G36, UMP, MP5SD)

Well, sorry for the complaining, now to the good stuff!

I have a few questions:

1.) I'll be living in the Honolulu area-Are there any good ranges around here?
    2.) I've read that there are some run-&-gun tactical courses around here-Does anyone know of these or where I can get involved?
    3.) Washington State is challenging the current remaining NFA laws there, and has already abolished the one against silencers-is there any such movement taking place here in HI and how can I help?
    4.) Does anyone on here have a concealed carry permit? I hear they are next to impossible to obtain!
    5.) Are there any good groups to join here?

Thanks gentlemen!

-DOC
    ARMORY
    H&KG36KE • Hensoldt Dual Optic • OD Pelican 1720
    HS-2000 .40

CURRENT PROJECT(S):
    H&KG36C
    AG36 (37MM)
    H&KUMP .45
    H&KMG36E

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Glad to hear you arrived safe, (I can hear the magnum PI theme music in my head as I write this).....I will ask my neighbor for the Hawaii info your after as he lived there for 15 years and did alot of shooting there before he came back.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    Glad to hear you arrived safe, (I can hear the magnum PI theme music in my head as I write this).....I will ask my neighbor for the Hawaii info your after as he lived there for 15 years and did alot of shooting there before he came back.
    Thanks, brother! I'm ready to hit the ground running!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's up Doc........

1.) I'll be living in the Honolulu area-Are there any good ranges around here?
    On Oahu you really only have the choice of the City & County range out at Kokohead and Schofield (army base range) if you join Schofield Rod & Gun Club (SRGC). The three indoor ranges in Waikiki are tourist geared so you can't take your own firearms. There is another indoor range at Honolulu Firearms, but that one is pretty short and I've heard of several people catching splash back. You also need to buy their ammo so not really cheap. There is another range that is trying to get opened for outdoor use but that won't be good to go for probably 6 months. There is also another shop trying to open an indoor range but I have no idea on the timing of that.

2.) I've read that there are some run-&-gun tactical courses around here-Does anyone know of these or where I can get involved?
    SRGC is one. The others you can get links for off the Kokohead Shooting Complex website.

3.) Washington State is challenging the current remaining NFA laws there, and has already abolished the one against silencers-is there any such movement taking place here in HI and how can I help?
    There is one guy down here who is challenging the CCW, but nothing on the Class III laws. Hawaii is extremely anti firearms. Only California, NY, Chicago would be comparable in the nation. Unfortunately it's unlikely to change unless through litigation. The lawmakers will not stick their necks out to change things.

4.) Does anyone on here have a concealed carry permit? I hear they are next to impossible to obtain!
    Anyone who has CCW does not advertise it. I'd heard a number on the max CCW permits issued at one time and you could cut 1/2 your hand off and still be able to count the permits on that one hand.

5.) Are there any good groups to join here?
    SRGC is one I'd suggest. If you are into competition based long range then the CMP program out of Puuloa.

Join up here for more info:
    Hawaii's Firearm, Shooting, and Hunting Community - 2aHawaii

Sponsored Links