Gunshows - Hawaii
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gunshows - Hawaii

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gunshows - Hawaii

Does anyone know of upcoming gunshows in Hawaii?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its a anti gun state, and the gun shows are turning into a swap meet/antique show..they would think a G36 is some future weapon...not even close to what real gun shows are like on the mainland...that's why local gun store owners go to the mainland...
    9mm
    12 ga.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo-j View Post
    its a anti gun state, and the gun shows are turning into a swap meet/antique show..they would think a G36 is some future weapon...not even close to what real gun shows are like on the mainland...that's why local gun store owners go to the mainland...
    It by no means is not as anti-gun as the Republik of Kalifornia. Granted there are some unfriendly gun laws...such as:

*10 magazine capacity limit for handguns.
    *No Class III Destructive Devices (i.e Silencers, full-auto anything)
    *No assault pistols
    *No ammo shipment via air.

I think the reason there really aren't any gunshows here n Hawaii is overall costs. Would be pretty costly for a manufacturer to have a booth, representatives and products shipped all the way here for a couple days. Plus people can drive to other states on the mainland for a show, I don't know if people are willing to fly over to Hawaii for a gunshow.

But yeah, I wish there were some but I just order my guns online now more variety but as always taking a risk since it is over the internet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gun shows here in So. Cal.are a joke. There are less guns than anything else. NO HKs, NO HK parts etc. NO unique items, just AR and AK accessories and junk. ( can even get ammo over the internet cheaper than the shows)

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I second that . . just recently attended the Ventura Fairground's Gun Show in SoCal and from personal observation it was poorly attended and not much variety as Litigator suggests. And forget about ammo and accesssory prices . . way more expensive than getting it online.

Heck, some sites definitely have lower prices and "free" shipping to boot, why would anyone buy stuff at these shows? Don't want to see them go, but if they continue this way . . . say bye, bye???

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the shows in CA have changed into mostly beef jerky & trinket tables.
    Not like it used to be at the big Pomona shows.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAUG View Post
    I second that . . just recently attended the Ventura Fairground's Gun Show in SoCal and from personal observation it was poorly attended and not much variety as Litigator suggests. And forget about ammo and accesssory prices . . way more expensive than getting it online.

Heck, some sites definitely have lower prices and "free" shipping to boot, why would anyone buy stuff at these shows? Don't want to see them go, but if they continue this way . . . say bye, bye???
    The free shipping on ammo never applies to shipments to Hawaii.
    The shipping cost for ammo gets outrageous.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by durkn View Post
    The free shipping on ammo never applies to shipments to Hawaii.
    The shipping cost for ammo gets outrageous.

Seriously - land in HI has to be near 1mil and acre now. Where can you shoot a rifle w/o hitting a tourist? (I'd really like to know - I'll be one of those tourists (at least those on Kaui) in June

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Litigator123 View Post
    Seriously - land in HI has to be near 1mil and acre now. Where can you shoot a rifle w/o hitting a tourist? (I'd really like to know - I'll be one of those tourists (at least those on Kaui) in June
    Pretty close to that price but not there yet. Actually I remember my friend's grandfather way back in the day was offered to buy land in Kihei on Maui. He said "Who's going to live in the desert and keawe trees?"...now that land is home to Grand Wailea Hotel among other huge multi-million dollar townhouses and shops.

There are 3 or 4 licensed gun ranges, I know theres at least 1 here on Maui where I shot some AR's and .50 BMGs but Oahu mostly has indoor ranges. A friend of my uncles has a huge acre lot for Hawaiian homelands and we target practice on his lot, the only way to get there is by 4-wheel drive in a secluded mountain pass so no chance of hitting any tourists. Not sure if Kauai has a range, on the bright side Kauai isn't as developed as Oahu and Maui, it doesn't have the commercial growth and development boom yet anyway.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Litigator123 View Post
    There are a couple ranges on Oahu.
    There are more options on other islands where it's more rural.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links