Hawaii and its guns...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hawaii and its guns...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hawaii and its guns...

I guess a new discussion about firearms in general in Hawaii.

Frankly I'm disappointed by the lack of gunsmiths (on Maui anyway, not sure about Oahu), lack of ammo choice and overall selection. The price you pay for paradise I guess.

On a firearm registration note, I tried to explain to the workers at the PD that the Uzi is legal because of the 16 inch barrel and ability to accept a 10 round mag. The younger worker said just to contact my FFL to see if its legal...he was closed for the day so I called the other FFL on the island.

The other FFL was wondering what kind of Uzi and I mentioned the 16 inch barrel and such and said its legal BUT...they did have a couple people buy Uzis and had them confiscated at the PD because the workers thought they were illegal. Misinformation is dangerous...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

see the thing with the PD firearm division...they need to educate themselves with guns before they go judging...same here on oahu...they wont give you real answer when you ask them about the 30 rd mags for ARs, if its legit or not because they dont want to be held responsible for their actions...

Did you say to the PD if its an Uzi rifle with collpasible stock???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, the picture had a 16 inch barrel and the folding stock but they kept saying its hard to tell the legality from a picture...even though clearly it shows every legal part. The only thing the piture couldn't show was the semi-auto aspect instead of full auto. Plus she kept giving me stink eye...the old worker, not the new worker.

I'm 100% positive though that they wouldn't be as strict about a HK long gun like an SL-8 or HK91, because there are a lot of AR's and AK's here. Its when the gun "looks and sounds" evil like the Uzi.
    Last edited by Noskov; 12-08-2008 at 05:43 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yup...I know exactly what you mean...they rather us not own any guns what so ever...but in the end they still need to educate themselves or else you wont be able to get the guns that are legit even though it looks and sound evil...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by no scade View Post
    yup...I know exactly what you mean...they rather us not own any guns what so ever...but in the end they still need to educate themselves or else you wont be able to get the guns that are legit even though it looks and sound evil...
    lol maybe I can get a job at records and be the "firearm guy".

I guess I should still be thankful that the laws aren't as super restrictive as some other states though I still wish some Class III's were allowed here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess I should still be thankful that the laws aren't as super restrictive as some other states though I still wish some Class III's were allowed here.[/QUOTE]

yup...same here...I just hope it doesnt go to shits like the great California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess I should still be thankful that the laws aren't as super restrictive as some other states though I still wish some Class III's were allowed here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well you'll have it better in Vegas. I got a ton of family there but I don't about myself moving there someday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noskov View Post
    Well you'll have it better in Vegas. I got a ton of family there but I don't about myself moving there someday.
    I'll probably just buy a house since its cheap live and there a couple years and enjoy the freedom of guns....but actually the good thing about moving to vegas, we can always come home when we get sick of the place...

another thing, I tripped when NV voted for Obama.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The laws here are not the worst, that would be DC. It's not the best, (Texas, Florida, Arizona), but it's ok at this time. Unfortunately, the politicians pass laws based on misinformation from groups that have an agenda to ban all guns. As the former NRA president said "Political/Emotional Eyewash".

We need to educate our legislators, but not in the "Militia" type form. We need to get them out to the range, and show them the normal folks using evil black rifles (EBRs) and enjoying the comaraderie of being a gun owner.

Unfortunately, a few mess it up for the rest of us.
    It doesn't matter how many bullets your gun holds, it's shot placement that counts.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links