"Collateral" Alleyway Gunfight Breakdown - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "Collateral" Alleyway Gunfight Breakdown

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega hkpro View Post
    Vincent was a highly trained former operator of some type? like a ex SEAL or Special Forces an expert in hand to hand combat and small arms, so it made more sense he used a standard combat sized gun.
    It's never stated if Vincent served at all. However, in the making of the film documentary on the DVD, Michael Mann (the film's director), does state that Vincent is former Special Forces. And there was a former SAS operator who trained Tom Cruise how to use the USP45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega hkpro View Post
    Im glad they used the standard full sized USP 45 in black, it looks more impressive in flat black, a shiny gun reminds me of a pimp's gun

Vincent was a highly trained former operator of some type? like a ex SEAL or Special Forces an expert in hand to hand combat and small arms, so it made more sense he used a standard combat sized gun.
    Aside from the "pimp's gun," I would actually have to agree with your point... a standard size combat gun is more realistic for his character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    It's never stated if Vincent served at all. However, in the making of the film documentary on the DVD, Michael Mann (the film's director), does state that Vincent is former Special Forces. And there was a former SAS operator who trained Tom Cruise how to use the USP45.
    I know there is a video on youtube detailing Mr. Cruise's training. Kinda cool. Larry Vickers does his own video breaking down the Mozambique - also very cool. All the more impressive that Michael Mann wanted to instill a sense of realism into the scene.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    I know there is a video on youtube detailing Mr. Cruise's training. Kinda cool. Larry Vickers does his own video breaking down the Mozambique - also very cool. All the more impressive that Michael Mann wanted to instill a sense of realism into the scene.
    Oh yeah. Saw that video. In the film's alley way "yo, homey" gunfight, Cruise (aka Vincent) took out both his targets in 1.25 sec. Vickers ran the same scenario and did it in 1.5 sec. That's way too fast for us mere mortals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid View Post
    If I were Vincent , I would just shoot the two guys in the back and be done with it. It made no tactical sense to call out to them and get in an armed confrontation.
    He was not sure they had his case. And I think the whole point of the movie was that he was not a bad guy, and did not like shooting normal people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links