Sicario - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Sicario

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    As long as they don't bring back Emily Blunt's character.........
    Agreed. Wasn't a part in the movie when I didn't want to throat punch her. I was really hoping that guy from the Walking Dead was going to kill her off. Del Toro was great. Just a solid actor.
    Officially Addicted!

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkmanlp1 View Post
    Agreed. Wasn't a part in the movie when I didn't want to throat punch her. I was really hoping that guy from the Walking Dead was going to kill her off. Del Toro was great. Just a solid actor.
    Agreed. Del Toro is one of those actors that improves with age. So many of them are obsolete as they age, but Del Toro gets more refined and credible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkmanlp1 View Post
    I missed this thread but awesome movie,one of the best to come out last year.If they do a sequel it will probably entail Blunt's character going after Del Toro's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger822 View Post
    Things are real, and really bad in Mexico - if you have doubts, get off the tourist trail (at your own risk). Sometimes, as tourists, you don't always get to see the nasty underbelly of the economy or circumstances. I have a colleague who just had an older brother die in Baja. He lived in southern California and was working on a civil works project in Baja. Unfortunately, he got a simple infection and died from it due to inadequate treatment by local medical care. When my colleague went there to claim the body there were a little over 1000 people camped out at the morgue waiting for "paperwork" to be processed in order to claim bodies! It wasn't like she was a gringo either - her whole family came from Mexico and she is fluent in Spanish with a local accent. She was surprised just how bad things have become. Some of her extended family still reside in Mexico City and it was reported it is bad there too.

Some interesting factoids - if a body isn't claimed in short order (something like 72 hours) the body is cremated and ashes discarded. I guess there is no place to store all the bodies that are piling up in Baja! They don't have a computerized system for logging/records, it is all manual and minimal staffing. Medical facilities are, well, modest to be extremely generous. American's are well advised to take a basic first aid kit with them when they travel and have a supply of antibiotics, maybe even a basic suture kit with sterile needle holders, anesthetic syringes, and bandages. When it doubt, just get the hell back north of the border to a decent medical facility as fast as you can.

I guess I am curious if anyone else has had a similar, recent experience. Personally, I have no desire to ever return to Mexico - not even Cancun or Cozumel - better places to scuba dive, without any of the inherent risks and hassles.
    Man, back in the late 90s I was in Mexico 4 years in a row during College Spring "F**K" Break. Cancun, Alcupulco, repeat. You get 1 Block off the strip, as a buddy an I found ourselves one night, if it wasn't for the fact of me being sober (not sure how?) and a good awareness of my surroundings.. SMH Who Knows, I have been in some messed up places in Detroit, but in Mexico was the only time I felt like we were not getting out of that place alive. All it takes is 1 Block in Alcupulco and 1 maybe 2 in Cancun.. I can attest to how fast are good time that night went from being with some HOT English Speaking "college girls" to how do we get out fast we are being set up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very old thread, but can we discuss specifics of Alejandro's MP5? is there any way to tell what kind of barrel is under the suppressor? IMFDB has about three to four different variants on that part of the page: an MP5-N that has the A3 stock, but a pictogram lower, a "screen used" gun screen capped from a larry vickers video with a burst lower & an F stock, an obvious continuity error with an MP5SD and taped (haha) aimpoint on top & some good HQ freeze frames of the movie itself with a contoured SEF & an A3 stock but they all vary. always been curious to know what the EXACT MP5 he used, this is one of my new favorite movies.

Sicario-mp5a3ris.jpg

Sicario-iss_01.jpg

Sicario-sicario-mp5-1.jpg

Sicario-sicario-mp5sd-1.jpg
    No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the f**k a Quarter Pounder is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of my fav movies, too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kate is the real villain of Sicario

Great analysis of the movie and Emily Blunt's character as an antagonist, rather than protagonist. Not specifically HK-related, so I'll understand if the mods choose to remove.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vincentvega6 View Post
    very old thread, but can we discuss specifics of Alejandro's MP5? is there any way to tell what kind of barrel is under the suppressor? IMFDB has about three to four different variants on that part of the page: an MP5-N that has the A3 stock, but a pictogram lower, a "screen used" gun screen capped from a larry vickers video with a burst lower & an F stock, an obvious continuity error with an MP5SD and taped (haha) aimpoint on top & some good HQ freeze frames of the movie itself with a contoured SEF & an A3 stock but they all vary. always been curious to know what the EXACT MP5 he used, this is one of my new favorite movies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP5A3RIS.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	673.9 KB 
ID:	262094

Name:	ISS_01.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	262096

Name:	Sicario-MP5-1.jpg