Found out something interesting about my MP5

Thread: Found out something interesting about my MP5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Found out something interesting about my MP5

The other day I was reading about Lafrance trigger packs and his involvement in the movie industry. I had known for years that his guns were used in some major films (Predator, Die Hard, etc). It's easy to tell by the engraved trigger pack. There is one scene in Predator when Dillon (Carl Weathers) is facing off with the Predator and as he pulls the trigger of his "MP5" the camera zooms in and the serial number is partially shown "SN0--C". That is a Lafrance serial number (not mine, unfortunately). Anyway, it got me thinking if mine was ever a Hollywood gun. I called a friend of mine and explained the situation. He put me in contact with a fellow that did the liquidation of both Stembridge Gun Rentals and Ellis Graphics and Props; the two major gun rental companies in Hollywood. This gentlemen still has all the paperwork and was able to give a bit of pedigree on my gun. My trigger pack and host gun was transferred (along with 24 others) to Ellis Graphics and Props from Tim Lafrance back 1987 and was eventually sold off when Ellis went out of business. He is currently checking to see if it was attached to any movies. I was hoping it was a Stembridge gun and was on set in Predator but it wasn't. Just thought I would share.

I'm sure someone out there owns Dillon's "MP5" from that scene. That's one lucky fellow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found out something interesting about my MP5-image.jpeg   Found out something interesting about my MP5-image.jpeg  

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum0399 View Post
    The other day I was reading about Lafrance trigger packs and his involvement in the movie industry. I had known for years that his guns were used in some major films (Predator, Die Hard, etc). It's easy to tell by the engraved trigger pack. There is one scene in Predator when Dillon (Carl Weathers) is facing off with the Predator and as he pulls the trigger of his "MP5" the camera zooms in and the serial number is partially shown "SN0--C". That is a Lafrance serial number (not mine, unfortunately). Anyway, it got me thinking if mine was ever a Hollywood gun. I called a friend of mine and explained the situation. He put me in contact with a fellow that did the liquidation of both Stembridge Gun Rentals and Ellis Graphics and Props; the two major gun rental companies in Hollywood. This gentlemen still has all the paperwork and was able to give a bit of pedigree on my gun. My trigger pack and host gun was transferred (along with 24 others) to Ellis Graphics and Props from Tim Lafrance back 1987 and was eventually sold off when Ellis went out of business. He is currently checking to see if it was attached to any movies. I was hoping it was a Stembridge gun and was on set in Predator but it wasn't. Just thought I would share.

I'm sure someone out there owns Dillon's "MP5" from that scene. That's one lucky fellow.
    Probably LV!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I love that movie
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

HK SP5 / Steyr AUG / Tommy T36 / AR15 / HK VP9 / HK P2000 / Glock 43 / Walther "HK" MP5 A5

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum0399 View Post
    He is currently checking to see if it was attached to any movies.
    Any luck?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cool, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

See the Die Hard thread, you may still be in luck.

Sponsored Links