Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Magnum PI and HK!

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    do you at least remember which episode? :D
    there's a LOT of 1 timers on both series.
    She was in the last episode. She is the housekeeper.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

... about as useful as tits on a bull

also, i'm still pissed off at no mustache.

and I just came across an article about how the reboot was going to be centered around Magnum's daughter Lily, and her coming back to Hawai'i to take over Magnum's P.I. firm.
    see, THAT would have been neat. I'd even say it would work with a couple of her "buddies" being chicks, as well as guys.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat... 2. Shoot guns... 3. Fire... 4. Gasoline... 5. Make juniors

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I didn't like it when they totaled the ferrari 308...it should have been his daily driver since it was the one used in the original show. well at least they kept the 2 dobes:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet818 View Post
    Lol in my old age, remembering names is a challenge. Heck it was a challenge when I was young! But a face, I can remember a face.

The next time I watch the show and she makes an appearance, I'll make note of her show name.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

There's a Magnum PI fan site and no mention of this though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    do you at least remember which episode? :D
    there's a LOT of 1 timers on both series.
    There were. Some made an effort to get a guest spot on the show. it was a popular thing to do for a few weeks back then.

Some notables from the original series:

Frank Sinatra (they gave him three scripts, he picked one. It's one of the darker episodes, deals with child rape and murder)
    Orson Welles (voice only)
    Angela Lansbury (Murder She Wrote - did a crossover show with Magnum)
    Elisha Cook Jr (repeated appearances)
    Carol Burnett
    Cesar Romero
    Ernest Borgnine
    Sharon Stone (first 'shower scene' with Magnum on primetime TV)
    Jose Ferrer
    Ian McShane
    Ted Danson (played a bad guy lol)
    Pat Morita (Happy Days . then Karate Kid master)
    Morgan Fairchild
    Shannon Daugherty (90210)
    Dick Butkus
    Lou Whitaker
    Stella Stevens (Playmate)
    Chuck Mangione
    David Sanborn
    Alan Hale (Skipper from Gilligans Island)
    Judith Chapman
    Jill St John
    Judge Reinhold (Fast Times and Beverly Hills Cop)
    Red West (song writer and Elvis Presley's bodyguard)

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I SWEAR I saw Larry Minetti (Rick in the orignal) in short cameo scene in the first one, but I cannot find it listed.

And just because they called it Magnum, and BARELY followed the old series, honestly they did not.

But thing about it.

Would Hawaii Five O - the original, not the remake work with today's Millenials? Doubtful.

The audience WATCHING TV series these days is COMPLETELY different that the audience back in the 70's and the 80's. Just not the same viewing audience.

Not good, not bad. Just the fact that technology has changed the world, FOREVER.

We can't 'go home again' as it were to the OLD MAGNUM. You can buy the complete series and watch to your hearts content.

But for the NEW Magnum, well it's like I tell the wife. "Some times, you just have to let art flow over you"
    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

"When the pin is pulled, MR GRENADE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND!!"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Pre-season I thought this show would last 4 episodes or less and be cancelled. I do not watch much broadcast TV, I failed to take into account how bad everything else is, thus making this look good.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Was the USP released between 1980 and 1988???

Tony
    I heard when you bought a 488 Spider in 1980-1988, you got a free USP. I missed out.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I heard when you bought a 488 Spider in 1980-1988, you got a free USP. I missed out.
    Ahhh--- a prototype!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I SWEAR I saw Larry Minetti (Rick in the orignal) in short cameo scene in the first one, but I cannot find it listed.

And just because they called it Magnum, and BARELY followed the old series, honestly they did not.

But thing about it.

Would Hawaii Five O - the original, not the remake work with today's Millenials? Doubtful.

The audience WATCHING TV series these days is COMPLETELY different that the audience back in the 70's and the 80's. Just not the same viewing audience.

Not good, not bad. Just the fact that technology has changed the world, FOREVER.

We can't 'go home again' as it were to the OLD MAGNUM. You can buy the complete series and watch to your hearts content.

But for the NEW Magnum, well it's like I tell the wife. "Some times, you just have to let art flow over you"

There was enough from the old show to carry forward with out trying to "remake" anything. It could have been a continuation. Magnum had a daughter. I know some fans were hoping to see a "reboot" involve her, and they could have done that, or cast his daughter (a female) as the primary role. (Female detective in Hawaii). By doing that they could have kept the fans of the original show interested. A guest appearance now and then by Tom or someone, and it could be a hit.

I think the point is, they tried to remake the original, and like other stuff, it's failing miserably. Whoever the target audience is, knows zero about what it used to be, so why bother try to make it over. The first episode is a weak attempt at trying to redo the original series' first episode. The first episode was a 2 part show, the remake was 40 minutes of just nothing.

I say again, the point where the new Magnum jumps out of the car onto the helicopter just lost it for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links