HKPRO Forums banner

John Wick 3: Parabellum

13K views 65 replies 41 participants last post by  Vincent04 
#1 ·
Searched and read posts in this forum to see if this had already been posted, please point to post if already here.

The newer released clips, especially the one where we're looking at Reeves on horseback from Reeve's left side (as opposed to the earlier clips of only him shooting at the motorcyclist viewed from the motorcyclist's side), show a new pistol ... kind of. Sort of looks like a P30L to me, L model, no safety and no custom-made comp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_53K5Ss6nM at 1:21 - 1:25.

#6 · (Edited)
The John Wick series IS worth purchasing. There is a two movie set available right now.

The John Wick genre of movies is now influencing all sorts of OTHER movies. Just to name a couple.

Peppermint - Jennifer Garner was called 'the female John Wick'

Robin Hood - takes this story to a whole new level.

So is the John Wick series worth owning? Only if you are a fan of violent movies.

I LOVE both the Kill Bill movies. Nothing says kick @SS like a tall woman with a really sharp blade who knows how to use it.

I classify the John Wick series in the same vein.

EDIT: found the post I made about the John Wick series and how it is effecting the new movies coming out

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-cine...-actually-how-john-wick-influnced-movies.html

#8 · (Edited)
I was disappointed to see that Mr. Reeves had his finger on the trigger while riding the horse in the video clip posted by Fraternity... Looks like he even points it at the horse handler at the 1:22 mark. Even with a prop pistol, it's a bad habit with potentially lethal consequences. I expected a little better given all the training and drills Mr. Reeves has conducted with Taran Butler.

#10 ·
Well, given that the first one was really good and the second one was BETTER that the first one. I suspect that the third one will be better still.

Look at the Mission Impossible series of movies. The first one was pretty good, just a little cheesy. The second one was a little better (emphasis on LITTLE). The third one started getting better with better plot and writing. By IMF 4, they were on a roll and they have just gotten better with each new movie release. The last one was spectacular.

THAT'S WHERE I'M HOPING JW3 WILL RATE. We will see.

#13 · (Edited)
The other John Wick 3 thread has a cool find, the link to the trailer, you'll love the dog scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7XM597XO94

Going way out on a limb so feel free to correct my guesses:

At 1:03, some Walther PPQs?
At 1:08, the aforementioned STI but modified Edge (?) (couldn't find an STI with a single window cutout so probably modded?); updated, was Taran Tactical STI Combat Master (credit: IMFDB)
At 1:09, blurry MP5K folding stock on wall
At 1:17 (flipping in the air) an AR with wrist brace stock and PCC (maybe a SIG MPX 9mm)
At 1:19, MP5 with screw-on suppressor and reflex site (credit: IMFDB)
At 1:33, don't hurt me but thats another Glock with a custom rib-edged RMR-type sight
At 1:37, underwater, is that an HK Elite or Glock long slide or something else? Hints of TTI angles on a Glock.
At 1:43, the HK P30L with no custom compensator on horseback,
At 1:52, Sofia is racking (keep it clean) a tactical (threaded barrel version) of a single-stack mini SIG?
At 2:01, the two mags held together with a "sock", maybe the same SIG MPX?
At 2:07, Sofia has an RMR-like site on a Glock long slide (might be same as underwater one) and he's (at 2:11) using a Glock 17L

So what we know is that New York's finest are missing a horse (he using a P30L which he may have dug up from the ruins of his house's basement and removed the comp), he has more hidden gold coins and wife photos hidden in a book, underwater shootout (thanks Criminal Minds scene analyzed by Hollywood Weapons), ninjas ride motorcycles (thanks Black Rain), Chiron arms him (the vault scene), Sofia helps him attack (possibly the high table) with her Malinois, and there's a new colour palette of blues, greens (thanks Matrix), and yellows.

And everything I guessed could be totally wrong.

#17 · (Edited)
IMFDB posted the John Wick 3 trailer guns to start their John Wick 3 cataloguing. For those not familiar, IMFDB is the Internet Movie Firearms Dababase that lists each weapon per movie.
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/John_Wick:_Chapter_3_-_Parabellum
They confirmed the STI 2011 9mm but it is a Taran Tactical Combat Master version (hence the slide's single window cutout possibly). They also spotted a suppressed MP5 (not the MP5SD but an MP5 with screw-on suppressor and reflex site) on the masked guard being held as a shield by Wick at 1:19. Congrats to HKPRO, they posted 19 days earlier than the experts over in IMFDB and still have a few more identified but IMFDB will provide good info when the movie comes out. (If you're not familiar with IMFDB, highly recommend a few hours wondering on through, you can see all the movies HK firearms made an appearance.)

#21 ·
certainly looks like he is back to the P30.

I liked the first JW, but thought the second was not as good as the first. The second movie was one long 3-gun match.. still both are worth watching at least once, I don't know about buying, but worth watching. I will most certainly go see JW3. my buddy and I have been going to movies since we were kids (been friends almost 30 years), this will definitely be a buddy movie.

#22 ·
#27 ·
Saw it last week. Didn’t like it as much as the first or second one. The action was impressive, but he’s just getting too indestructible. Not as much HK action either. As far as guns go, the movie is mainly an advertisement for Taran Tactical modified Glocks, STI 2011, Benelli M2, and a Sig MPX. There are some G36s and other HKs as wall hangers in Winston’s vault, but they are just decorations. The bad guys in the big final shootout do seem to be using MP5Ks, though.

#28 · (Edited)
IMHO, the JW franchise has jumped the shark with JW3. The only positives about JW3 were you know more about the High Table, how JW has to escape it, and JW's origin story. Other than that, the gunplay, the fight scenes, and the firearms used in JW3 got monotonous, and didn't really add anything to who JW is.

It's like the Jason Bourne films with Matt Damon. The 4th film was no unnecessary.

#32 ·
Saw the movie last night. I really liked the fight choreography, some good stuff. The dogs in Casa Blanca were cool too. I also like the attention to reloads and scavenging mags off bad guys.

I thought 3 was better than 2. Not sure how I place it in comparison to 1? I read there is a 4 in the works....

Would have liked to see more HK’s in it though.

#34 ·
Saw JW3 over the weekend. I was a huge fan of the first one, but not so much the second one....and third one was even worse IMO. Fight scenes were dragged out for way too long....the whole story line looks like it was made up as you go. They tried to bring back the whole "boogie man" aspect of JW, but it was not well executed. Lots of glocks, sigs, and TTI pimped out junk in the movie, and not enough HK.....and I predict the fourth one will be just as bad if not worse.

#35 ·
While I don't care which guns JW uses (I own Glocks, HKs and STIs, among others), I have to agree with LEEF's take on the degradation of episode quality. One was better than Two; Two was better than Three. The h2h fight scenes in Three were over the top and redundant and it was sadly lacking in character development, IMO. They were able to develop the characters far better in One, and without a lot of dialog necessary to do so. I would have liked to have seen a little less smashing of glass cases and a little more emphasis on character background/development. I did like the Sophia character, and I enjoyed the comedic twist of the main adversary... "Be right with you John, just let me catch my breath." I lol'd.

Will I go see Four? Absolutely. The movies are entertaining if nothing else, Keanu is by all accounts one of the nicest, generous and down-to-earth denizens of Tinseltown, and I do appreciate the time and effort both he and Halle put into the gun-handling and h2h work.

#41 ·
I see JW fatigue setting in with JW3. They should have stopped at JW3, showing how Wick finally gets out of the assassin world forever, which will surely be the basis of JW4. Watching the variations of Wick's gunfights, knife fights, and fist fights in JW3 got tiresome since we already know what motivates him. The film series will end up like the Transporter, Dirty Harry, and Jason Bourne sequels. Dull and needless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.