John Wick 3: Parabellum - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: John Wick 3: Parabellum

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    Off-topic but what’s the name of the shoot em up where at the end the guy charges into a house, gets pinned down, starts reciting a prayer, and one of the security cam watchers is his brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The Accountant" i believe

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Saw the movie last night. I really liked the fight choreography, some good stuff. The dogs in Casa Blanca were cool too. I also like the attention to reloads and scavenging mags off bad guys.

I thought 3 was better than 2. Not sure how I place it in comparison to 1? I read there is a 4 in the works....

Would have liked to see more HK’s in it though.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am a fan of good action films (Heat, Ronin, Borne, Collateral...) I did not like JW1. Have not bothered with sequels. Too cartoonish for my tastes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Saw JW3 over the weekend. I was a huge fan of the first one, but not so much the second one....and third one was even worse IMO. Fight scenes were dragged out for way too long....the whole story line looks like it was made up as you go. They tried to bring back the whole "boogie man" aspect of JW, but it was not well executed. Lots of glocks, sigs, and TTI pimped out junk in the movie, and not enough HK.....and I predict the fourth one will be just as bad if not worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    Saw JW3 over the weekend. I was a huge fan of the first one, but not so much the second one....and third one was even worse IMO. Fight scenes were dragged out for way too long....the whole story line looks like it was made up as you go. They tried to bring back the whole "boogie man" aspect of JW, but it was not well executed. Lots of glocks, sigs, and TTI pimped out junk in the movie, and not enough HK.....and I predict the fourth one will be just as bad if not worse.
    While I don't care which guns JW uses (I own Glocks, HKs and STIs, among others), I have to agree with LEEF's take on the degradation of episode quality. One was better than Two; Two was better than Three. The h2h fight scenes in Three were over the top and redundant and it was sadly lacking in character development, IMO. They were able to develop the characters far better in One, and without a lot of dialog necessary to do so. I would have liked to have seen a little less smashing of glass cases and a little more emphasis on character background/development. I did like the Sophia character, and I enjoyed the comedic twist of the main adversary... "Be right with you John, just let me catch my breath." I lol'd.

Will I go see Four? Absolutely. The movies are entertaining if nothing else, Keanu is by all accounts one of the nicest, generous and down-to-earth denizens of Tinseltown, and I do appreciate the time and effort both he and Halle put into the gun-handling and h2h work.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jt15550 View Post
    Off-topic but what’s the name of the shoot em up where at the end the guy charges into a house, gets pinned down, starts reciting a prayer, and one of the security cam watchers is his brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalMedic View Post
    "The Accountant" i believe
    I believe I read they're working on a sequel for this one, too. I think it's the perfect character for Affleck- limited dialog, wooden emotions.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drvais View Post
    I loved the new movie. It's not high art, just high fun.
    Agreed. I know what I'm getting into when I see a JW film, and Zero (bald guy) was a very pleasant surprise. He might be my favorite character... him or maybe the dogs. The JW films are ridiculous and I wouldn't have them any other way.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IANative View Post
    I believe I read they're working on a sequel for this one, too. I think it's the perfect character for Affleck- limited dialog, wooden emotions.
    Even if they hadn’t already announced they were doing one, JW3 was clearly set up for a sequel, more-so than the first two movies. It’s pretty obvious what the theme of JW4 is going to be, and if this film is anything to go by, there will be longer and more over the top fights, JW will be able to take more damage than Captain American in any of the Avengers movies and keep on fighting, and probably less HKs in lieu of more pimp guns from TTI.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

igs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    3 is better than 1 and 2. It actually has a story other than his dog died and he's mad. Gun play is better and much more realistic than the previous two. Underwater shooting realism not shown in any other film. Emergency reload great nod to competition shooters. I could go on and on.

You just mad there isn't more HK in the film. Only one to blame is HK's marketing department. HK is going the way of Colt.
    Last edited by igs; 05-31-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by igs View Post
    ...HK is going the way of Colt.
    What makes you say that?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links