John Wick 3: Parabellum - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: John Wick 3: Parabellum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gone with the Wind is terrible and overrated. And JW is not beyond criticism just because it isn't a 'GRADE A MOVIE' lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John wick always has the best guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you noticed that the RMR keep disappearing and reappearing on Halle Berry's characters' glock? It was driving me nuts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I skip the details and enjoyed it for what it is, fantasy.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Finally saw JW #3 last night....best I can say it was OK and certainly better than JW #2 but still definitely much less enjoyable than JW #1 even though there were a few chuckles and plot twists. The total amount of pain and damage JW takes is just SOOOO over the top, not to mention that everyone gets a head shot or knife to the head, and the high table elite body armor is just too much. I also thought there were too many loose ends like what happens to Halle Berry's character.....I mean WTF she just drives off into the sunset without repercussions after all follow up by the adjudicator for anyone and everyone that helped JW.

I did however appreciate the realistic reloads, gun transitions, and that we finally got to see the concierge in action. The amount of choreography is impressive. Too bad there was not a prominent HK showing in the weapons used.

I don't know that I will see JW#4 as it now seem like more of a franchise on autopilot looking for a cashout. You get the feeling of weariness due to the longevity of the franchise kinda like the matrix (comparison intended) a la the king/morpheus connection.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I haven't seen the first two -- are they good enough to buy on Blu-ray?
    If you like two hours of Keanu Reeves shooting people, then yes, they are good enough to buy.

I own both, and will be buying #3 when it is available.
    wallew likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    Some times you just have to let 'art' flow over you.
    Well said!

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dillhole View Post
    If you like two hours of Keanu Reeves shooting people, then yes, they are good enough to buy.

I own both, and will be buying #3 when it is available.
    I have them on Blu-ray now. Finding a chunk of time to watch a movie? That’ll be the trick.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    ...I don't know that I will see JW#4 as it now seem like more of a franchise on autopilot looking for a cashout. You get the feeling of weariness due to the longevity of the franchise kinda like the matrix....
    Amen and then some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A silly movie can still be well-made. The Marvel franchise is testament to this. They succeed where almost every other super hero franchise fails, because the actors do a consistently good job of selling their otherwise ridiculous characters, and even make them a little bit relatable. They are well-written, well-acted, and the production is very good.

JW is the same way. The acting is more physical, but everything that happens is pretty consistent with the characters. What they do best is sell me on this imaginary world where every other person in NYC is a hit man. You quickly make the transition from “man, there are a lot of these dudes” to just accepting it for what it is.

Yeah, JW is a little like Nordberg from the Naked Gun, surviving a ridiculous amount of physical punishment. But it seems ok for some reason.

I love these movies. I don’t go to the theater for dramas and comedies. Those look just as good on my TV at home, when they’re on Netflix. On the big screen, with the powerful sound system, I want to see the action and special effects that that setting was made for. The JW franchise is great at giving me this, while still keeping me interested in the plot, and not thinking “that’s stupid” every five minutes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links