Buffer Technologies HK91 buffer question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buffer Technologies HK91 buffer question

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Buffer Technologies HK91 buffer question

OK, what I am wanting to do here is use the Buffertech buffer to supplement the original mechanical buffer. Apparently it is supposed to replace the buffer, but I don't want to do that. My question is: Has anybody here used both together? Any issues? I realize this will make the buffertech buffer stick out just little bit farther into the receiver that if it was used allone. I was think that if the Buffertech is flush on the backside I would drill a small hole in it to make rom of the regular buffer post to stick into. If I do this I would think that it would only stick out maybe 1/8 inch farther than normal. Thanks.
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, them dang ol’ HKs, man, talkin' bout SUH-WEET, man, dang ol' point and click, baby, just, just, dang ol' awesome, man.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought about doing the same thing 8 years ago on my C-91 ,unfortunately I ended up thowing the plastic POS in the trash. It just cant be done because the carrier is never going to squeeze that peice of plastic enough to engage the steel stock buffer. Plus,the screw holes are recessed on the metal buffer;so when you tighten the screws down tight,they RIP the plastic buffer techs ears. Either way,been there DONE THAT! Good luck though brother.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems like I have seen somewhere that using both caused problems in Cetmes. These folks could have been taking out the stock buffers and replacing with the techs. Can't remember which.
    Before you sell that firearm,ask yourself, "can I afford another one if I ever wanted to replace it ?".Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeray View Post
    OK, what I am wanting to do here is use the Buffertech buffer to supplement the original mechanical buffer. Apparently it is supposed to replace the buffer, but I don't want to do that. My question is: Has anybody here used both together? Any issues? I realize this will make the buffertech buffer stick out just little bit farther into the receiver that if it was used allone. I was think that if the Buffertech is flush on the backside I would drill a small hole in it to make rom of the regular buffer post to stick into. If I do this I would think that it would only stick out maybe 1/8 inch farther than normal. Thanks.
    I have used both the heavy buffer with the buffer tech together for some time. Does not effect the ACTION,Little smoother recoil.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    I have used both the heavy buffer with the buffer tech together for some time. Does not effect the ACTION,Little smoother recoil.
    Can you elaborate ALITTLE please? how did you mount "said" item.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I want to try this in my 32 to see if that will shorten up the stroke on the smaller 7.62x39.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll probably try putting a small rubber o-ring, or fashion some sort of shim to take up the space in the metal buffer's recessed screw holes, so that the screws are flush with the buffertech, but still mounted securely.

I know Shattered said he just drops them in the back of the receiver, doesn't mount them at all, and it never causes a problem. I'm sure he's right, and I know he has probably shot more (round count) in one year than I will shoot my entire life, still I just can't do it. I can't deal with the idea of it just riding loose in there.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll probably try putting a small rubber o-ring, or fashion some sort of shim to take up the space in the metal buffer's recessed screw holes, so that the screws are flush with the buffertech, but still mounted securely.

I know Shattered said he just drops them in the back of the receiver, doesn't mount them at all, and it never causes a problem. I'm sure he's right, and I know he has probably shot more (round count) in one year than I will shoot my entire life, still I just can't do it. I can't deal with the idea of it just riding loose in there.
    I agree with you JON.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

From my personal experiance and from other posts I have read in the past I do not recomend using the Buffer Tech buffer.

These buffers make the original buffer useless. Also they do not allow the bolt carrier to go as far back as it is designed to. This throws off the geometry of the operating system and causes additional stress to the rifle. These buffers can cause cracked stocks and roller marks in the receiver.

I put one of these buffers in my Cetme years ago and the first day out it cracked my wood stock!! The recoil was noticably more harsh with the Buffer Tech buffer than with the buffer the rifle was designed to use.

Check out the following thread:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum...ead.php?t=2731

Thread: https://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64539

Quote:posted by CThurman on HKPRO:
    If you use a buffer-tech in a HK91 or 93, you will get roller marks. If it doesn't happen sooner, it will happen later. Roller marks, sometimes called dimples or pimples occur in the trough that runs lengthwise down each side of the reciever. It happens when the rollers are forced violently out against the reciever as the carrier hits the stock with force that is not sufficiently buffered. The 91 and 93 guns need a spring type buffer in either the carrier or the stock to be properly buffered against such damage.

Roller marks are rumored to occur due to a variety of reasons. However, there are only several reasons they will occur. Those include: incorrect bolt gap, use of wrong locking piece, and improper buffering. In the occasions that I have seen, all were related to the issue of improper buffering combinations.

With HK's I have found that the best set up for internal operating components is often the one that was originally offered by the manufacturer.
    The buffer tech buffers for the SKS and the AK47 work very well the designers just must not have understood the operating system of the HK/Cetme.

If you use either the HK heavy buffer or the PSG/MSG90 buffer in combination with the HK 21 rubber butt pad you will have extremly light recoil the proper way with parts that were designed for your rifle by the engineers that designed the rifle. This combination will not cause additonal stress to the rifle.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

308, I appreciate your input. You may very well be corect in your assertion that I should leave well enough alone, but I'm just not that smart : ) The HK 21 "heavy" buttpad does not fit the wood stock, and that is the stock I am currently running. I wish I could retro-fit it, but I just can see a way to do it without seriously heavy modification using equipment I don't possess. Perhaps I am just missing something. (If someone has fit a HK 21 buttpad to a wood stock, I'd love to know how, and I'd like to see pics) That leaves me with the buffer. I would love to put a Ghillie-buffer in there. I hear it is effective, and the price is right ($50). I have contacted him though, and he is out and doesn't know when he will do another run. As he has put his services on hiatus, I have no idea when this will be. This leaves the US-made heavy clone ($150) and the buffertech ($20). The heavy buffer would involve me opening up the buffer hole in the stock, and deepening it as well, and I would probably loose the ability to use the rear buffer screw (though this might happen with Ghillie buffer as well). Based on the info I have received from yourself, and TCR39, I am going to both shim the recessed screw-hole surfaces, as I described earlier, and probably also cut about 1/2 the depth off the thing. Really, All I am looking for is about an additional 3/8" to 1/2" of extra buffer. OLD HOCK mentioned one of the slip-on pads from RTG, and I'm giving some thought to that as well.

See things like this is why I started this thread. I appreciate everyone's input. This forum is aWESome. Uh, I mean awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links