Clone Pic Thread - Can we all see what you got!!! - Page 163
Page 163 of 321 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 213 263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 3208
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Clone Pic Thread - Can we all see what you got!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Went up to the mountains to "break in" a few of the new guns. On the left is my Friend's AR - the lower and bolt carrier group is three years old, the upper is brand new. On the right is my brand new built-from-scratch-over-a-year AR. And in the middle is my new baby - the Z5RS.

The MKE pistol, which I will send in the Form 1 to SBR by the end of this week, ran almost like clockwork. I first ran about 200 rounds of 124gr brass case through it as recommended. Then ran about 150 brass case 115gr, then 100 rounds of 115gr steel case, and finished with 50 rounds of brass case stubby 147gr to see if it would have any problems.

The only issues I had were with the Korean mags and the 147gr ammo: First, the Korean mags were a huge pain to load more than 20 rounds into. Real thumb killers. The three MKE mags were great. On the first two fully-loaded Korean mags I shot, it wouldn't fully strip the first round of the mag. The bolt would hang up with the round still in the mag, or strip the round then stop with the round halfway chambered. That happened only twice, both with 124gr ammo, on I think the 4th and fifth mags I shot through the gun. I'm sure this was a mag issue due to the Korean mags having strong springs or something. I had one misfeed out of the 50 rounds of 147gr that I shot: the 4th or 5th round out of the first 10-round mag I shot missed the chamber and somehow ended up completely vertical up against the chamber sitting on the tip of the magazine. Not sure how that happened, but I assume it has to do with the geometry of the bullet. The rest of that mag and the next 10-round mag fed fine in slow-fire. The last thirty rounds of 147gr was shot out of one Korean mag rapid-fire from the hip, because guns. It ran flawlessly. I am very happy with it!

Meanwhile, the AR's were two very grumpy problem-children. A lug from my friend's AR broke completely off on his third magazine. Granted, it was an older bolt that had about 2000 rounds under its belt. But even then, that part failed about 4 times as quickly as it should have. Booooo. My AR ran flawlessly except for the fact that I forgot the tool to adjust the gas and I had set it to OFF before we left for the day. That's my dummy fault. The problem was that both the brass and steel case ammo we shot out of it (but mostly the lacquered steel case) was sticking hardcore in the chamber. Both my hands are bruised from pulling and banging on the charging handle. If I was able to adjust the gas I could have set it high enough to pull those rounds out of the chamber until the rifle bot broken in a little bit. But alas, we live with the mistakes we make so I had a single-shot AR for the day.

Without further adieu, here is the pic:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    BPP 23ek w sear

Ohh baby!!
    Someday this war's gonna end...
    - LTC Kilgore

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just got a Kac rail for my G3k too :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ObviousLobster View Post
    Went up to the mountains to "break in" a few of the new guns. On the left is my Friend's AR - the lower and bolt carrier group is three years old, the upper is brand new. On the right is my brand new built-from-scratch-over-a-year AR. And in the middle is my new baby - the Z5RS.

The MKE pistol, which I will send in the Form 1 to SBR by the end of this week, ran almost like clockwork. I first ran about 200 rounds of 124gr brass case through it as recommended. Then ran about 150 brass case 115gr, then 100 rounds of 115gr steel case, and finished with 50 rounds of brass case stubby 147gr to see if it would have any problems.

The only issues I had were with the Korean mags and the 147gr ammo: First, the Korean mags were a huge pain to load more than 20 rounds into. Real thumb killers. The three MKE mags were great. On the first two fully-loaded Korean mags I shot, it wouldn't fully strip the first round of the mag. The bolt would hang up with the round still in the mag, or strip the round then stop with the round halfway chambered. That happened only twice, both with 124gr ammo, on I think the 4th and fifth mags I shot through the gun. I'm sure this was a mag issue due to the Korean mags having strong springs or something. I had one misfeed out of the 50 rounds of 147gr that I shot: the 4th or 5th round out of the first 10-round mag I shot missed the chamber and somehow ended up completely vertical up against the chamber sitting on the tip of the magazine. Not sure how that happened, but I assume it has to do with the geometry of the bullet. The rest of that mag and the next 10-round mag fed fine in slow-fire. The last thirty rounds of 147gr was shot out of one Korean mag rapid-fire from the hip, because guns. It ran flawlessly. I am very happy with it!

Meanwhile, the AR's were two very grumpy problem-children. A lug from my friend's AR broke completely off on his third magazine. Granted, it was an older bolt that had about 2000 rounds under its belt. But even then, that part failed about 4 times as quickly as it should have. Booooo. My AR ran flawlessly except for the fact that I forgot the tool to adjust the gas and I had set it to OFF before we left for the day. That's my dummy fault. The problem was that both the brass and steel case ammo we shot out of it (but mostly the lacquered steel case) was sticking hardcore in the chamber. Both my hands are bruised from pulling and banging on the charging handle. If I was able to adjust the gas I could have set it high enough to pull those rounds out of the chamber until the rifle bot broken in a little bit. But alas, we live with the mistakes we make so I had a single-shot AR for the day.

Without further adieu, here is the pic:

Nice trio, and thanks for the report!!!

Tony

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Got a RAS, and now just snagged the PSG stock

Yolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GSC,
    Looking at similiar scope mtg.
    Manf of scope bas and do you know the height from base of mount to centerline of scope or to bottom of ring?
    Want to make sure i can clear the rear peep sight without having to take it off.
    Thanks

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GSC View Post
    Got a RAS, and now just snagged the PSG stock

Yolo

Very nice. I've been actively seeking a G3k length Knights RAS for awhile now. Have a few of the mp5 and hk91 versions but still want one of those yet. Any leads??
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

just a mfi. should have had a rail put on when I had it built. larue mount and vortex 1-4 clears fine.

buddy traded the rail to me....i can't let it go to market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My two babies, haha!

SBR or Bust

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That pretty slick with the surefire grip and side folder.

Sponsored Links