Clone Pic Thread - Can we all see what you got!!! - Page 271
Page 271 of 304 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3039
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Clone Pic Thread - Can we all see what you got!!!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rdbrown View Post
    Brownells HK 416 Imported Build Kit.
    Brownells 16” 416 profiled Barrel on HK 416 Barrel Extension.
    HK MR556 Bolt Head
    Brownells BRN-4 Stripped Lower.
    That looks fantastic!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Very nice--- you are on a subgun roll (notwithstanding the belt-fed pic)!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Clone Pic Thread - Can we all see what you got!!!-ef7c92ef-7563-4352-98d3-87b4feb90fae.jpeg

Lightly used Zenith. That barrel tho! SiShop can’t get their Form1 service back up fast enough. It came with a DT m-lok handguard made of unobtanium so I was stoked about that.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

GOH
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally finished my latest. I had the rifle up and running last fall, but I didn't have a forearm. Could have put a PSG1 cocking tube on it, but those cost about $200, plus PSG1 forearms are scarce. I just went with a standard, tapered tube and figured that I could cobble something together eventually. The barrel is one of those that was made available from MOAxp a few years back, made from a Lothar/Walther blank, cut to 20" and threaded. Purchased it from SWolff on HKPro for a great price.

I'm particularly proud about this rifle. The receiver is one that was damaged by an out-of-spec, oversized straightening mandrel which stretched the ever-loving crap out of it (the same brand of mandrel that Klaus Von Richter had trouble with last year, and he was unfortunately called a liar and a fool by people who should know better. All of his posts were scrubbed before I had a chance to verify that I, too, was having the exact same problems with that mandrel. Sorry, but had to get that off my chest). Being stretched out of shape, a trunnion and cocking tube would just flop around, and getting a butt cap installed was out of the question. I thought it was trashed for good, because how in the hell do you "unstretch" steel? But then I had a middle-of-the-night epiphany: use a hacksaw and cut a straight channel lengthwise down the crown of the receiver about halfway through the sheet metal, then tig weld a seam across that channel and don't use filler rod. Worked like a charm, as that welded seam drew everything back towards the mid-line of the receiver. Most of the seam polished right out, and much of the imperfection was covered by the optics rail, anyway. The company that manufactured the straightening mandrel replaced it with a new one of proper dimension, so everything finally fit together.

The biggest challenge was the forearm, since this rifle has a heavy barrel and a tapered cocking tube. I had ideas, but the thought of mangling some existing product didn't appeal all that much. I also wanted a locking mechanism similar to the PSG1 rifle. This led to me deciding to buy for myself the greatest Christmas gift since the Red Ryder BB gun, and I didn't even have to sit on Santa's lap:

I know there are those that cringe at a Grizzly, but I don't have room--or $$--for a 1 1/2 ton South Bend. As it was, I nearly destroyed my back trying to get this 300 pounder into the basement. What a great tool, though. In short time, I was able to make the forearm faceplate, a locking plunger and pin, plunger housing, and the lock plate which fits inside the cocking tube. The forearm tube is carbon fiber, originally made for an AR10/15 by Clark Custom(and let me tell ya, using this composite has forever cured me of ever wanted to work with carbon fiber ever again. Nasty stuff), and inside the rear of the tube is a sleeve made from Delrin/acetal rod cut on the lathe. The hardest part was hand-fitting the tube and sleeve to the trunnion/cocking tube (Dear Santa, I would like a mill for Christmas next year. I'll be a good boy, I promise).

The rifle is finished with Duracoat HK Black. I wanted to use Gunkote, but the barreled receiver is a little long for my oven. Although Duracoat isn't the toughest stuff, touch-up is easy.

Sighting it in last fall, it seemed to like slower, heavier bullets, as does my other heavy barrel pictured above (Lothar/Walther PSG1-style purchased from RCM). The muzzle brake is Midwest Industries AR 30 cal muzzle brake, and this is a great product, by the way. Shooting steel out to 800 yards, I was able to keep my scope on every single target to witness bullet splash. Bullets used were Sierra 180g GameKing soft points, powder IMR 4064.
    May you never walk alone.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

GOH. Great post, great job on that!! Thanks for sharing it. Looks beautiful!
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    --Samuel Adams

GOH
    Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, kong!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF7C92EF-7563-4352-98D3-87B4FEB90FAE.jpeg 
Views:	141 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	222620

Lightly used Zenith. That barrel tho! SiShop can’t get their Form1 service back up fast enough. It came with a DT m-lok handguard made of unobtanium so I was stoked about that.
    Quite nice--- on both!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GOH View Post
    Finally finished my latest. I had the rifle up and running last fall, but I didn't have a forearm. Could have put a PSG1 cocking tube on it, but those cost about $200, plus PSG1 forearms are scarce. I just went with a standard, tapered tube and figured that I could cobble something together eventually. The barrel is one of those that was made available from MOAxp a few years back, made from a Lothar/Walther blank, cut to 20" and threaded. Purchased it from SWolff on HKPro for a great price.

I'm particularly proud about this rifle. The receiver is one that was damaged by an out-of-spec, oversized straightening mandrel which stretched the ever-loving crap out of it (the same brand of mandrel that Klaus Von Richter had trouble with last year, and he was unfortunately called a liar and a fool by people who should know better. All of his posts were scrubbed before I had a chance to verify that I, too, was having the exact same problems with that mandrel. Sorry, but had to get that off my chest). Being stretched out of shape, a trunnion and cocking tube would just flop around, and getting a butt cap installed was out of the question. I thought it was trashed for good, because how in the hell do you "unstretch" steel? But then I had a middle-of-the-night epiphany: use a hacksaw and cut a straight channel lengthwise down the crown of the receiver about halfway through the sheet metal, then tig weld a seam across that channel and don't use filler rod. Worked like a charm, as that welded seam drew everything back towards the mid-line of the receiver. Most of the seam polished right out, and much of the imperfection was covered by the optics rail, anyway. The company that manufactured the straightening mandrel replaced it with a new one of proper dimension, so everything finally fit together.

The biggest challenge was the forearm, since this rifle has a heavy barrel and a tapered cocking tube. I had ideas, but the thought of mangling some existing product didn't appeal all that much. I also wanted a locking mechanism similar to the PSG1 rifle. This led to me deciding to buy for myself the greatest Christmas gift since the Red Ryder BB gun, and I didn't even have to sit on Santa's lap:

I know there are those that cringe at a Grizzly, but I don't have room--or $$--for a 1 1/2 ton South Bend. As it was, I nearly destroyed my back trying to get this 300 pounder into the basement. What a great tool, though. In short time, I was able to make the forearm faceplate, a locking plunger and pin, plunger housing, and the lock plate which fits inside the cocking tube. The forearm tube is carbon fiber, originally made for an AR10/15 by Clark Custom(and let me tell ya, using this composite has forever cured me of ever wanted to work with carbon fiber ever again. Nasty stuff), and inside the rear of the tube is a sleeve made from Delrin/acetal rod cut on the lathe. The hardest part was hand-fitting the tube and sleeve to the trunnion/cocking tube (Dear Santa, I would like a mill for Christmas next year. I'll be a good boy, I promise).

The rifle is finished with Duracoat HK Black. I wanted to use Gunkote, but the barreled receiver is a little long for my oven. Although Duracoat isn't the toughest stuff, touch-up is easy.

Sighting it in last fall, it seemed to like slower, heavier bullets, as does my other heavy barrel pictured above (Lothar/Walther PSG1-style purchased from RCM). The muzzle brake is Midwest Industries AR 30 cal muzzle brake, and this is a great product, by the way. Shooting steel out to 800 yards, I was able to keep my scope on every single target to witness bullet splash. Bullets used were Sierra 180g GameKing soft points, powder IMR 4064.
    Gorgeous build!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sweet 90 clone, GOH
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Page 271 of 304 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links