NP3 Bolt? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NP3 Bolt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes they do extractors and firing pins.... I have yet to find something that will take it off, however, it is a cold electroless process, so I am sure something would.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Only downside to NP3 on bolt head: all those beautiful HK parkings go away. Enough for me to keep it the way it is. If the bolt gets all discolored over time I would consider it.
    HK Urbach MP5K-N with SWR QD3K
    Fleming Registered Sear
    Dakota Tactical D54P pistol
    HK USP Tactical w/ Gemtech SOS 45 (ret), Silencerco Osprey 45
    Michael's Machines MM23E
    HK VP9
    Powershot P5 Pistol
    HK SP5K
    Black USC Carbine

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If you NP3 the whole bolt assembly, all that crud that normally sticks to it will just fall down into your trigger pack.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, and it also drips down onto the fed mech and then onto your clothing and hands... but the guns purr like a kitten. :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harris51 View Post
    Yes, and it also drips down onto the fed mech and then onto your clothing and hands... but the guns purr like a kitten. :)
    The CSI guys are gonna love you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder of carbon drippings will fluoresce???

Doubt it.... I'm all GOOD! Lets ROCK!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pnutlee- I am thinking about doing this as well (for a HK 53). I had a P7 done and it is fantastic stuff. I think I will eventually do it for more of my bolts and carriers. Are the prices you mentioned for Np3 or NP3 Plus? Also, I am contemplating sending the cocking tube as well. ANy thoughts on NP3 for the cocking tube?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lima6 View Post
    pnutlee- I am thinking about doing this as well (for a HK 53). I had a P7 done and it is fantastic stuff. I think I will eventually do it for more of my bolts and carriers. Are the prices you mentioned for Np3 or NP3 Plus? Also, I am contemplating sending the cocking tube as well. ANy thoughts on NP3 for the cocking tube?
    Prices I listed are not firm, but best guesses based on a phone conversation..............that said, they were based on standard NP3. I am not sure that the added corrosion resistance of the plus product is worth the extra cash. Also, the cocking tube support isn't a high wear part. It doesn't cycle with the action, so the lower coefficient of friction isn't necessarily doing a lot for you in this area. To gain maximum cost benefit, I would stick to parts that move regularly in contact with other metal components. I would love to do my trigger pack internals also, but that is a project for another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yes yes yes I have NP3 a couple of g3 s ,45 compact, 1911,BAR, and all ran great even without lube they cleanup with just a cloth with mild cleaner best thing you can do
    post back when done,,,jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks pnutlee- I agree cocking tube is not at all a close tolerance or highly cycled part, but I am so anal or obsessive-compulsive that it really bothers me to see the inevitable bare metal on the cocking tube after a while. SO I thought NP3 might be a way to keep that bare metal from giving me sleepless nights. Plus, I think with the carrier NP3 showing through the ejection port and the cocking tube NP3 showing just a sliver, surrounded by HK black, it would look pretty sweet. I think I'm going to go for it- extra cost should be marginal I think for just the additional cocking tube.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links