NP3 Bolt?
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NP3 Bolt?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default NP3 Bolt?

I am sending some carriers, bolts and locking pieces to Robar for NP3 finish. Can anyone think of any reason why you wouldn't want a locking piece or bolt to be NP3'd? I am going to disassemble the bolt so that it is just the body (no rollers/plate/spring/extractor/etc.)

Figured I would gather some thoughts here before I go through with it. I know SW did carriers in the early days, just wondering why I have never seen a bolt or locking piece NP3'd. The bolts on these guns get nasty, and are a pain to get sparkling clean, so I figure NP3 would ba a nice addition in this area.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My only thought on this is YES. Do it and let us know how it goes and how much it costs. I know the process adds just a miniscule amount of material to the surface, but is that enough to mess with the internal tolerances?? My guess would be...depends. Since clones are very much like special snowflakes I'll bet that what works for one may not for another. In any case I think it would be great to do this for all my roller lockers.
    KYNDCOOKIE
    HKs: P7(NP3'd), P30L, P2000sk, SP89, USP9f, USP45f SS, C93, CA89
    SIGs: P220ST, P220R SAO, Montage Suisse P225 (Zurich PD), P226, P228 (Zurich PD), Grayguns P229R, GSR, 556

I have a lot of German guns...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder if coating locking piece would get back a tiny bit of boltgap......for those who need a little, would be helpful!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The only "issue" I'd have is changing the speed of mechanics; timing.
    I was wondering if there would be any issues coating the bolthead + locking piece. (glad I didn't coat the HI LP (40cal) bc I haven't had a use for it).

I had my carrier & receiver coated; well worth it for cleaning ease, literally wipes off; at the time I was using a used bolthead (from the chop) & didn't have it coated. I'd love to have the new one coated...such a PIA to clean after 1000rds even after an ultrasonic rinse. Also why I don't like shooting suppressed as much; coats the bolt. I asked Robar if they'd done MP5's & the guy's response was, oh yeah, plenty.

I'd like to coat all my triggers in it after a polish, seems like it would only benefit.

A little side note: had a "commando" (aka ex Denver SWAT) that owned K2 range here tell me how my carrier, etc, wasn't factory bc they never made them in silver hehe. Didn't bother correcting him
    Last edited by Glock35; 05-10-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My HK94 has had all its internals NP3'ed and I love it. Still runs perfect and so easy to clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All my MM23e, MP5, M4 and Thompson internals are NP3ed.... works great, no issues, carbon wipes off or drips off... can be messy :)

Highly recommend it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and no definable difference in bolt gap afterwards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. You guys made my day!

Looks like at least 2 or 3 BCGs will be on there way to Robar for NP3

Thanks for the input gentlemen.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pnutlee View Post
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. You guys made my day!

Looks like at least 2 or 3 BCGs will be on there way to Robar for NP3

Thanks for the input gentlemen.
    how much?($)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thedave8 View Post
    how much?($)
    Not sure exactly..........The guy I talked to couldn't visualize what a MP5 carrier looked like, and it isn't on their published price list, so I referred him to the AR15 bolt which they have listed on their price list for $50. I told him it was a simple part that required no disassembly / reassembly so he agreed based on my description of the carrier that it shouldn't be a whole lot more than that. I am hoping no more than $75 for the carrier, $50 for the bolt, $35 for the locking piece.

I am going to ship a box of loose parts and have them give me a quote before moving forward. I don't want to be surprised with a huge invoice after the job is done. I'll be sure to report back.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links