Extractor spring problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Extractor spring problem

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    You need only stock one extractor spring really. The rifle cal spring will also work fine in MP5/40's and MP5/10's. Try with your gun and ammo but we ran 1000's of these in FBI MP5/10's with no issues.

Ironically sometimes the rifle springs are cheaper than the pistol cal springs to purchase because HK Inc imports more pistol cal springs and each tiime they come in the unit price is higher.

G3Kurz
    That is awesome news. I had never heard that. I'll certainly try it. The rifle springs are less expensive, especially if bought in bulk. If I only need one extractor spring that would certainly make stocking one much easier than two. It is too bad that it is so hard to get 10mm barrels. I think 220gr subsonic 10mm would be great subgun set up for matches. But I just can't justify the premium price for a 10mm factory barrel. I'd prefer a reverse stretch anyway. Maybe some day I'll spend the money. Thanks again for the tip about using rifle springs in .40 caliber. It is really great to have such a great resource here.

Scott

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as I'm going to order extractor springs, any other suggestions about spares to keep on hand for my MP5 clone?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I carry a variety of spare parts as others have stated. I would have a spare extractor & ejector. Get a spare ejector spring in case you lose it at the range when changing the ejector.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you have a sear pack and are changing out the ejector between calibers, get an extra axial pin as these can get lost.
    Soon or later will need a new roller retaining plate and best to get a couple roll pins in case one gets lost installing (they jump and hide ;-).
    An extra set of stock and forarm pins might be handy if one gets lost when appart.

Like kwesi said the classic ejector and extractor are always a postive ...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I went ahead and placed an order for various springs and pins last night. I have had a list going in my head for some time now, but the failure of my extractor spring at the range left me realizing that I need some on hand. Again, thank you all for the solid advice.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So when installing the spring, do you line it up and push it in directly? Or does this damage/bend the spring before I've even gottena chance to use it? If thats the case, should I be turning it the final 90 deg to install it?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottMO View Post
    So when installing the spring, do you line it up and push it in directly? Or does this damage/bend the spring before I've even gottena chance to use it? If thats the case, should I be turning it the final 90 deg to install it?
    The armorers manual says you just line it up an push it directly in.
    An ever changing list of guns.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a follow up, I took the advice in this thread and grabbed a few various parts including a few rifle caliber extractor springs. Anyway, they were delivered Thursday and I had a chance to put a few hundred rounds through the the MKE today. Back to normal and running perfectly. :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    You need only stock one extractor spring really. The rifle cal spring will also work fine in MP5/40's and MP5/10's. Try with your gun and ammo but we ran 1000's of these in FBI MP5/10's with no issues.

Ironically sometimes the rifle springs are cheaper than the pistol cal springs to purchase because HK Inc imports more pistol cal springs and each tiime they come in the unit price is higher.

G3Kurz
    Hi G3Kurz

need help. the 40 extractor spring has a slight bend at the end part while the rifle extractor spring is just straight at the end. When i installed the rifle extractor spring on my HK German 40 bolt. the extractor was too stiff to move even with my two thumbs. tried charging a round into the chamber and bolt will not got to battery because extractor too stiff to chamber a round. any suggestions? thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links