Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for SP89 Clone?

Thread: Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for SP89 Clone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for SP89 Clone?

Has anyone done a self install of a permanent Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for an SP89 Clone? I would like to turn my CA89 into a PDW configuration someday, but I need to find a Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for sale somewhere before I invest in the forward vertical grip or stock. Also I don't have much welding experience, but I know many welders who would be willing to help me out.

Also doe anyone know a a manufacturer who makes SP89 barrels that are the legal length for this setup instead of doing a pined/welded extension? I am thinking the extra inches of rifling can only help my weapons accuracy. The CA89 I have is amazingly accurate already, but if it's an option...

Thanks in advance.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For the money you'd spend on an extension/fake can, why not fill out a Form 1 for a SBR. They allow SBRs in your home state right? I've heard from a few members that the fake can can cause accuracy problems. That isn't every one, but some have had that problem. I don't know as I have ever seen a 16" barrel for a K. I'm sure a good smith could convert a 16" barrel for a full size to K specs. But you'd end up with a lot more in that barrel swap than you would in the stamp for the SBR. YMMV.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can answer your question in one retarded word: California.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Have you tried using a sling though the end cap, over your head and one shoulder and pushing away? I would contact D. J. Getz Firearms. He has a manufacturers page here. I think he might have an extension. Or you can try Nikki at Black Market Parts. They don't have an extension listed under K parts but they might have one. Personally I'd get myself a HK94 clone with a full 16" barrel than add a barrel extension.

With 10 rd mags and bullet buttons, I don't envy you. Now that NY has passed all the extra restrictions, I would imagine that CA will be pushing for even more restrictions. I sincerely wish you luck with your project.

Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone is wondering what I ended up doing, or if thousands of years from now Aliens dig up this thread on a server hard drive buried in ice.

Gunsmith Kats in Cerritos, CA made a custom suppressor the exact required length, we used a Liberty Suppressors 3-Lug adapter and it came out beautiful after some satin spray paint...

Barrel Extention or Fake Suppressor for SP89 Clone?-cohariearmsca89.jpg

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think the project came out perfect
    By the way due to barrel heating it my cause paint to bubble or peel
    If you do have to refinish after sanding off all old paint thy engine header paint.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatter665 View Post
    Just wanted to follow up on this in case anyone is wondering what I ended up doing, or if thousands of years from now Aliens dig up this thread on a server hard drive buried in ice.

Gunsmith Kats in Cerritos, CA made a custom suppressor the exact required length, we used a Liberty Suppressors 3-Lug adapter and it came out beautiful after some satin spray paint...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CoharieArmsCA89.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	600.9 KB 
ID:	141793
    That turned out really nice...
    And it is Sooo much less deadly now, don't you think? Thank you so much for spending all kinds of your hard earned money keeping the knowledgeable lawmakers of California and their electorate safe!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatter665 View Post
    I can answer your question in one retarded word: California.
    I almost wet myself when I read that... Lol
    You gotta admire an oppressed person who still has a sense of humor!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I am in Hawaii now, thank god. All my weapons are registered with the State, but they had to be so I could also register them on post to shoot them with the Schofield Rod and Gun Club. They are are the best guys to shoot with because they use ranges on post which go out to 600 yards, and sometimes they shoot the sniper ranges out to a 1,200 (I haven't been so lucky yet because they only come a couple times a year and you must sign up). They also allow actual training, such as rapid fire mag change drills, transitions and holster work. Can't move and shoot though. It does bother me that I cant register my CA-89 as an SBR or get a suppressor for it, but someday when I get to a new duty station in a 2A friendly state. The good news is I have my 926B LEOSA ID card so I can carry in every state...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to shoot it fast enough for it to heat up yet, but I certainly will try once I replace the ejector that broke at the range last week. I suspect that was the culprit of years of malfunctions...

Sponsored Links