mp5 extraction issues. Review and tell me if I am right or wrong - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: mp5 extraction issues. Review and tell me if I am right or wrong

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well I have boxed up a set of parts and they are on their way to Gilliebear for a mp5k build. It will be interesting to see how the RCM bolt head works. I will let everyone know what we find out.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker View Post
    I swapped the extractors only, I had German spares. It runs fine with the German extractor in the RCM bolt.
    Prior to this I had issues similar to swiss seth where you could easily shake a case loose from the bolt face with all RCM parts. With the German extractor it's held much more securely to the bolt face.
    Ditto, my D54N from joe started to have extraction issues after a couple hundred rounds (failure to eject, bolt head closing on the side of an empty case every 10-20 rounds. , bought a new spring and the german extractor ... and it worked fine. Its a RCM lug and RCM head ... not sure about the compontents. But that fixed the issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by osbornec View Post
    Ditto, my D54N from joe started to have extraction issues after a couple hundred rounds (failure to eject, bolt head closing on the side of an empty case every 10-20 rounds. , bought a new spring and the german extractor ... and it worked fine. Its a RCM lug and RCM head ... not sure about the compontents. But that fixed the issue.
    I'm having issues with my D54N burning through Extractor springs. Have gone through 3 in less than 1k rounds. It has the RCM bolt head with a German extractor, but that is not fixing the issue. Bolt gap is good at .016

I'm stumped.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    My MP5k has always been less reliable than all my other sear hosts. For whatever reason. The trickiest however was a micro fractured German extractor that gave me fits for literally a whole year. Could only see the fracture under mag. lenses really but def. present.

Anyway point of my reply gets is to note that I see/experience /hear reports of this EXACT type of failure specifically in MP5ks. Rarely the full size, always the k gun. Argh. I know exactly how your gun is jamming. I bet sometimes an empty case is crushed sideways in the charging tube area. Sometimes even requiring a pair of needle nose pliers to yank outta there. Right?

I have a MP5K clone that was doing the same thing. FTE and the case would get jammed and crushed. I had to carry a screwdriver and pliers in my range bag to deal with it. I was plagued by this issue for a long time and I finally started doing research on the problem last year. I replaced the extractor spring with a factory rifle extractor spring, which did not resolved the issue. I ended up replacing the extractor with a MP5/MP5K 9mm Extractor Enhanced - USA version from HKParts.net and it resolved the issue. My original extractor was very worn and showed up to .012" difference compared to the new US made extractor when measured with digital calipers. Now my MP5K clone runs like a champ.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links