Z5-RS range trip (not happy) - Page 16
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Steveski - were you by chance shooting off the left shoulder when you felt something coming at you?
    No I wasn't. It was on my right side or maybe more right in front of me since I can't shoulder it. I'm starting to think that it may have just oil or something blowing back at me. When they ship the gun it comes heavily oiled. I'm gonna give it another go this weekend and I'll try to remember to post back how it goes. I cleaned it and removed a lot of the oil and only lubricated the spots I thought were necessary. I'm expecting it to purr nicely.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

That's a true story - Mine was greasier than a fairground sausage 'n peppers sandwich. I almost dropped it when I took it out of the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a true story - Mine was greasier than a fairground sausage 'n peppers sandwich. I almost dropped it when I took it out of the case.
    And I don't know what oil they use but it stinks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^ That is the truth. I damn near dropped mine taking it out of the case as well. Gave it a thorough cleaning and lightly lubed some of the moving bits and went to the range to shoot a couple hundred flawless rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnRider View Post
    ^ That is the truth. I damn near dropped mine taking it out of the case as well. Gave it a thorough cleaning and lightly lubed some of the moving bits and went to the range to shoot a couple hundred flawless rounds.
    This is a kind of off topic question but how do you clean/lube the charging tube? I think it would take a full disassemble to do so. Is it not necessary? Maybe just wipe it as clean as you can through the opening and drop some lube in there?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You could just remove the end cap, spray it out back to front with eezox or any other aerosol cleaner if it's sticky or if dirt gets in the slot (like the gun gets dropped in the dust). I keep it lightly lubed but not greasy. With the cap off and the handle back you can clean a good part of the tube between the triple tree and the cocking piece.

Worst case: If you remove the cocking handle roll pin ,the cocking piece slides out the back and you can go crazy in there.

That's extreme though, ONLY as necessary - This area on a regular MP5 doesn't warrant regular attention unless it asks. Traditionally only armorers touch roll pins so beware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just following up today after getting the opportunity to take it out again. I can confirm now that what I'm getting hit with is oil/lube or whatever they drench the gun in when it leaves the factory. It had spray marks on the gun, my arm, and on the bench in front of me. Again, this is right from the factory. As I continued shooting the spray decreased and after I give it a good clean today and not lube it like crazy then I should be good to go.

Got to try my first time reloading 9mm too. Shooting 147 grains was much quieter and smoother to me. I've now run 115, 124 and 147 through it. AE, Fiocchi, handloads, and even the steel case Tula crap. The gun loved it all.

Now just waiting for approval so I can slap a stock and suppressor on this guy.

Last edited by STEVESKI; 09-26-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster1700 View Post
    Did Liam ever get his issue resolved? That scarred up magwell is disconcerting. Hopefully they made that right. I will say the issues I've read on this forum do make me more hesitant, however I also realize that people are more likely to mention something negative online than leave a positive review. I've done the same in the past with countless things I've bought. It would be interesting to know the percentage of problems. What makes me a little hesitant is I seem to have bad "luck" with some things I buy. I tend to be the one to get the lemon and shipping a gun back and forth is a hassle. Also a couple people now have mentioned them fixing things by putting the magwell in a jig. One mentioned this left marks. I tend to be picky with the visual appearance of a gun and wouldn't be happy with marks on my brand new gun from them fixing it.
    Sgt, were there marks on yours after they put yours in a jig?

BTW, this is probably unhelpful, but one time I bought a NOS P99 Gen1. The thing gave me constant FTE's. The gun's parts seemed to be fine and forum member's on the Walther forum told me I was probably limp wristing, which was probably part of it. Finally someone suggested try 124 gr ammo instead of 115. I did and it helped but didn't fully fix it. This led me to believe the spring was too stiff. Ordered a factory spring and it was like a brand new gun. I think since it was such an old gen1 it may have shipped with a +p spring because the factory spring had less tension and cycled easier. Anyway, kind of off topic, but I don't think you should have to go to a higher gr ammo to get a mass produced gun to cycle properly. I agree with those above that if it won't shoot 115 gr reliably, I'm not interested.
    I did end up getting a full replacement pistol. Aaaand it's showing the same FTF issues with hollowpoints that made me send in my first pistol. Their customer service really is quite good, all things told. I guess I'll have to give them another chance. I wish I had gone with one of the Atlantic Firearms MP5 builds at this point.

EDIT: oh hey, there's the "these guns were designed to use NATO-spec FMJs" email that I had been spared from until just now.
    Last edited by LiamA; 09-27-2015 at 01:32 AM. Reason: update to situation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just purchase this gun a couple of weeks ago. I am shooting regular american eagle bulk ammo and regular federal bulk ammo no issue. I am having issues with every other ammo type. I dry fired with some horandy critical defense and some federal hollow-points. The hollow points dont feed or they get bent. The horandy critical defense doesn't feed right either. I have tried all the different mags, mixed with bulk and same thing.

I am going to call the manufacturer tomorrow. But there is little to no magazine play. I am new to MP5 clones. Do they have certain ammo they can shoot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiamA View Post
    I did end up getting a full replacement pistol. Aaaand it's showing the same FTF issues with hollowpoints that made me send in my first pistol. Their customer service really is quite good, all things told. I guess I'll have to give them another chance. I wish I had gone with one of the Atlantic Firearms MP5 builds at this point.

EDIT: oh hey, there's the "these guns were designed to use NATO-spec FMJs" email that I had been spared from until just now.
    You are having the exact issue I am having. So what ammo can we use on this thing? I haven't had any issues with FMJ at all.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links