Z5-RS range trip (not happy) - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MP5s have always had issues feed JHP ammo, that is nothing new.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yup.

Speer gold dot 124gr seems to run well in all of mine, but anything with a flat point doesn't seem to work 100% reliably in all my guns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by combatcozz View Post
    You are having the exact issue I am having. So what ammo can we use on this thing? I haven't had any issues with FMJ at all.
    I just got my second pistol back from Zenith. I hand cycled some Gold Dots through it and it seems good to go. It appears like all they need to do is some minor alteration with the magwell angle and it makes the thing feed much better.

My first pistol fed Gold Dots and Critical Defense flawlessly after having the magwell adjustment.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagic94 View Post
    MP5s have always had issues feed JHP ammo, that is nothing new.

I'm not sure what teams you have been on, or what your experience is with real HKs, but all of mine, including issued weapons, have fired hollow point ammunition without any problem. My Dakota Tactical builds have zero problems either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am having similar FTE problems with my new Z5-P. This seems to be more than an "isolated" incident. I was using ZQI 124 grain ammo.
    Last edited by YewtawKid; 04-17-2016 at 08:03 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : North of one border South of another East and West of the others
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YewtawKid View Post
    I am having similar FTE problems with my new Z5-P. This seems to be more than am "isolated" incident. I was using ZQI 125 grain ammo.
    Welcome to the site. With my MKE RS I started out with a few hundred rounds of 124 S&B and she ran beautifully. I then went to 115 without a hiccup. I was using German HK mags and have not yet tried the MKE mags but will soon once the snow melts here. I suggest trying different mags, different ammo and also, make certain you are not relaxing your grip as a limp wrist situation could cause a FTE on new arms.
    I will say this, I had an issue with a cracked case insert and Zenith took care of me very well and very professionally. If anyone has any real issues they will step up and take care of you. However, remember, they are made for serious, hard core use and when new out of the box, all SMGs can be stiff, at first. Clean it well, inspect the ejector, bolt and carrier and run it, run it, run it and within a few hundred or a thousand rounds, they all should run on anything, provided there is not some unseen issue.
    I'm pleased enough with my MKE that I am looking forward to another, unless HK releases their unicorn soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am having similar problems that others(including the OP) in this thread have had that include empty casings falling into the trigger module/lower and causing jamming that requires one to disassemble the equipment to remove the shell casing. Multiple magazines,USA made(from HK Parts), MKE/Zenith and HK (both new and used), were used with similar occurrences. It seem that the majority of the earlier posters that had similar problems had to send their equipment back to have the magwell alignment corrected and/or other parts replaced.

What I am saying is that I believe that this is not an "isolated" problem. I am not saying that the Zenith is junk, but there sure seems to be more owners with issues than would account for "one bad egg." While I expect that Zenith will make the issue right, this should be inspected/corrected before shipping. It they built a "jig" to correct this, or think that simply bashing the well and damaging the finish solves the issue, then this problem is a bit more than a few weapons. I am not saying don't buy a Zenith, but be aware that you might be sending it back for work that should have been discovered during an effective QC program. If you put out a high quality product, you don't have to "step up and take care of the customer." Caveat Emptor.
    Last edited by YewtawKid; 04-17-2016 at 07:43 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

YewtawKid, The sarcasm isn't really needed. It is good that you are facile with guns, but sometimes folks come here with a first post and don't have much experience. estesmonkey was just trying to help. If you had included the information in your first post that was in your subsequent post, your experience level might have been more obvious. We are a community here and good manners are just that...good! :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yo, instead of bitching on the forums, why don't you engage Zenith about the problems you are having. Their customer service is top notch and I'm sure they will remedy the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip12345 View Post
    Yo, instead of bitching on the forums, why don't you engage Zenith about the problems you are having. Their customer service is top notch and I'm sure they will remedy the problem.
    Aren't we polite today? Why don't you keep your negative feelings to yourself and not post. I didn't start a new thread because this thread had several occurrences of a similar problem. Using customer service and having to return a weapon is no excuse for poor quality control. Others should be made aware that they might have to return their weapon for it to work correctly.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Sponsored Links