Z5-RS range trip (not happy) - Page 18
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YewtawKid View Post
    Aren't we polite today? Why don't you keep your negative feelings to yourself and not post. I didn't start a new thread because this thread had several occurrences of a similar problem. Using customer service and having to return a weapon is no excuse for poor quality control. Others should be made aware that they might have to return their weapon for it to work correctly.
    I have to agree with chip though he may not have been absolutley politically correct, the proper order would be to contact the importer first and give them a chance to make things right. Then if if they haven't done the right thing, tear them up all you want on the boards. I admit I have jumped the gun and flamed companies without giving them a chance but it ain't right. In this case Zenith has taken care of every single issue I have heard about until the buyer was happy without fail. I had a cosmetic issue with my first one and one week later I had a replacement that was just incredible. In a way I'm glad I had to send the first one back because the replacement was sooooo nice. Perfect in every way and awesome looking welds. I am a welder myself and I even think they look perfect. Anyhow, give them a chance and you won't be disappointed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Noob question: Does the firearm still have to be shipped to your FFL after warranty work since you've already taken delivery and filled out the 4473?

I've had mine for almost a month but have yet to shoot it. I really hope mine doesn't malfunction to the extent of the OP's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initialkev View Post
    Noob question: Does the firearm still have to be shipped to your FFL after warranty work since you've already taken delivery and filled out the 4473?

I've had mine for almost a month but have yet to shoot it. I really hope mine doesn't malfunction to the extent of the OP's.
    No they will ship it directly to your door.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YewtawKid View Post
    I am having similar problems that others(including the OP) in this thread have had that include empty casings falling into the trigger module/lower and causing jamming that requires one to disassemble the equipment to remove the shell casing. Multiple magazines,USA made(from HK Parts), MKE/Zenith and HK (both new and used), were used with similar occurrences. It seem that the majority of the earlier posters that had similar problems had to send their equipment back to have the magwell alignment corrected and/or other parts replaced.
    I purchased a Z5-RS from Atlantic Firearms during the recent sale and took it to the range today. My goal was to run a few magazines through to confirm reliability prior to submitting a Form 1. Unfortunately, I also encountered the same problem with an empty shell casing falling into the trigger pack and disabling the firearm. As I was not able to disassemble the weapon on the range, it put an early end to my range session. Looks like I'll also be contacting Zenith and Atlantic in the morning...
    Who is Jake Ellis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My gun does the exact same thing the OP posted when I shot aluminum cased 9mm. FTE's and smashed casings by the bolt. So far all brass 115gr works fine. I'll save the aluminum for my Glock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are all the problems people are having to do with the rs or are the problems across all models?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

while i dont have the rs model, i have the z5-k and since getting it new in January from Kelly Enterprises i havent had a single issue. First day having it i ran about 500 rounds of different ammo, including tula 115gr, federal 115gr, winchester 124gr, and some other 124 gr i dont remember the brand. I didnt have any issue and still to this day about 1000 more rounds have went through her without any FTE or double feed issues. The rounds always extract. The only issue i have is that the bolt doesnt stay locked back after the last round. I only have the mke mags that came with it so i havent been able to try out other mags yet.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MassBan View Post
    The only issue i have is that the bolt doesnt stay locked back after the last round.
    That's normal for 9mm MP5, there is no BHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Z5-P has always run reliably. Never fed it steel, aluminum. Fwiw, I always break in my subgun knockoffs with NATO spec ammo for the first 300-500 rounds. Only failures have been with the straight mags and flat point ammo which is a known questionable mix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irishpotatocannon View Post
    are all the problems people are having to do with the rs or are the problems across all models?
    Mine is the Z5P. Not RS.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Sponsored Links