Z5-RS range trip (not happy) - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: Zenith sent me a shipping label to return the firearm, so sent it back and it arrived last wednesday. Thursday i was contacted by Zenith and was told that there armorer has went over my pistol and found that my magwell was out of spec and they put it in a "straightning jig" and tightened the magwell to specs but everything else looked good. He said they were going to the range to test fire it the next day (friday). Yesterday zenith called and said they test fired it with 147, 124, and 115 white box remington and winchester and it "ran like a singer sewing machine" said they plan on shipping it today 2nd day air. So i should have it in hand by thursday evening. Ill be waiting arrival followed by an immediate range session and ill post back results. Thank all of you guys here at Hkpro, im proud to be a part of such a great online community.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Very good to hear!

That speaks of good service and attention to detail to me. I also like that they have an armorer on staff in the US to be able to handle things like this without having to ship internationally.

LOL - Anyone using the term "singer sewing machine" has been around a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great to hear Sgtcarroll.

I'm confident your Z-5RS will be running much like mine has, which it without any issues what so ever.

Pain in the ass to have to ship a new gun back, but all things considered a minor event to get a very nice gun back in your hands and at the range. You're going to LOVE it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sgtcarroll,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear they took care of you.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    Sgtcarroll,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear they took care of you.
    Updates sgt, did you try it out after they sent it back? I'm thinking about getting one, but am wanting to hear further reviews from owners like you.

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron45 View Post
    Updates sgt, did you try it out after they sent it back? I'm thinking about getting one, but am wanting to hear further reviews from owners like you.
    Zenith offers a five year warranty and they stand by it. They are not "clones" they are contract guns. Considering that HK no longer imports the MP5 for civilians, I'd say this is your best bet for getting a real Mp5.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Good to hear they took care of you. We're looking forward to your range report.
    HK? Check!

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 713HoustonTX View Post
    Good to hear they took care of you. We're looking forward to your range report.

I figure I'll chime in about my experience with MKE customer service. First they are top notch. I had a minor cosmetic issue with one of my MKE's. I figured they couldn't do much about it but wouldn't hurt to ask. They exchanged it for one that was handpicked and absolutely flawless. I was stunned that they did that considering these are mass produced weapons. However the one I ended up with- I'd put it up there with an HK in terms of quality.

7n6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to the forum, new owner of the Z5-RS, happy with the fit and finish but regretfully having the same failures described by Sgtcarroll. Two range trips, multiple FTE and jams. Using PMC 115gr. First trip approximately 20 failures in 200 rounds. In the second trip I kept track of the magazines used, failures with 2 of them, one was clean, but I only had time for about 45 rounds out of each mag as rain in the afternoons is par for the course here in the land of Breaking Bad. I contacted Atlantic after the first trip, they were extremely prompt in their reply and very concerned. I will let them know about my continued problems and likely arrange to send the weapon back...its new and I'd like it to run clean out of the box. Will keep everyone updated on the outcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry you are having troubles. You spend $1700 on a gun and you expect it to work out of the box. That having been said, I'm sure you will be taken care of. Keep us posted.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links