Z5-RS range trip (not happy)
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Z5-RS range trip (not happy)

Z5-RS range trip (not happy)-image.jpgZ5-RS range trip (not happy)-image.jpgI purchased a zenith z5-rs from atlantic city firearms as soon as they were available. I recieved it with in 10 days of ordering and upon inspection i was impressed with the packing,and contents. The pistol looked very good other than the welds they were ok. My aa89 welds looked way better. Went to the range, first few shots seemed good, very accurate at 20yrds. Then the malfuntions started. Double feeds, FTE, stove pipes, i even had a empty brass sitting horizontal in the chamber with two live rounds jammed under it with the bolt resting on all three, i cleared the malfuntions but on three different occasions i pull the charging handle back to shake out the empty brass from the double feed and some how a empty brass got past the bolt and fell down into the lower reciever, how the hell does that happen??? Im not a happy camper at all. Zenith will be getting a phone call very very soon. I attached some photos, i hope they load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Z5-RS range trip (not happy)-image.jpg   Z5-RS range trip (not happy)-image.jpg  

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

A couple things come to mind:

Was this all with one particular magazine, or did you try with more than one? Which mfg. mags?

With an empty mag in, do you feel any rubbing on the bolt/carrier that isn't there when the mag is out?

I would encourage you to try with other mags just to help troubleshoot.

I'm overjoyed with mine, I am sorry you are having trubs. I know it sucks right now but I am SURE they will make it right by you.

Keep us posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes fargo i tried all three supplied mke mags that came with it. Even tried 5 different pof mags that run flawlessly through my AA89. Ammo used was 115grn remington rn and winchester 115 grn rn

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Good copy sar'nt.

I say don't sweat it. It's a lemon so just send it back and have it replaced.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    Good copy sar'nt.

I say don't sweat it. It's a lemon so just send it back and have it replaced.
    One range trip does not make a lemon, a FTE for whatever reason (excessive friction, no lube, ammo, dirty gun, debris, out of spec ejector lever, pack hieght, extractor, or weak extractor spring etc) can weaken and waste the extractor spring and most likely yours is shot by what you describe. Did you clean or lube the gun prior to taking it out?

Regarless, I would check the extractor first since your guns ran then seemed to stop functioning normally, it is the achilles heal of the roller locked system. Pull the bolt group out of the gun then check the extractor on the face of the bolt head. It should be so tight that you cannot move it with your fingers at all. If there is any wiggle in it, or you can push it away from the firing pin hole by hand, that's a problem i.e. loose case purchase wich can cause the FTE scenarios you describe. Since ejection comes after extraction, see if you have any extraction issues first before you start down that path.

If you dont want to do any diagnosis yourself then by all means send it back. But I am sure its most likely going to be a simple issue to fix.
    Last edited by flybynt; 06-06-2015 at 11:33 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

HK Shooting Team
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Sounds like a pack height issue

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I had the exact same issue! The problem "I" had was with the 115 grain bullet. I started with Winchester 124 grain NATO and it ran flawlessly for 300 rounds. I gave 115 grain Lawman a whirl and it choked big time. Went back to the 124 grain and it ran like a striped ape again!
    Last edited by Flagman; 06-07-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was thinking pack hieght issue also. How does an empty brass get past the bolt group when i charged it all the way to the rear to clear the malfunction? I had to break the gun all the way down to remove the brass from the lower. This happened three different times. This is unacceptable! When my AA89 has functioned like an ak47, chewing up any ammo i feed it with any mag ive tried. I mean im not a wealthy person by no means and $1750 is a good chunk of cash to spend on shotty QC in my book. Zenith will get a call first thing monday morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can you guys see the pics posted? The gun was clean bolt group lightly oil before range trip.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtcarroll View Post
    I was thinking pack hieght issue also. How does an empty brass get past the bolt group when i charged it all the way to the rear to clear the malfunction? I had to break the gun all the way down to remove the brass from the lower. This happened three different times. This is unacceptable! When my AA89 has functioned like an ak47, chewing up any ammo i feed it with any mag ive tried. I mean im not a wealthy person by no means and $1750 is a good chunk of cash to spend on shotty QC in my book. Zenith will get a call first thing monday morning
    That happened to me twice with the 115 grain.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links