New PTR91 GI Owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New PTR91 GI Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NewDefSys View Post
    Nice pics !

I bought this wide hand guard from Roberts RTG for my PTR-91 GI. HK91-G3 GREEN WIDE HANDGUARD
    Along with this bipod, HK BIPOD FOR HK91 G3 HK93 HK33 PTR91, RTG PARTS, GUN PARTS

Here is a pic of them installed on my GI

It's a sweet set up that's worked really well and is very very close to the original HK.

NDS
    Where is your bayonet lug at?
    HK Bayonet Adapter for HK91 G3 PTR91 HK93 HK33, German HK Bayonet Lug Adapter, RTG Gun Parts

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No GI is complete without a lug and bayonet. Might I also recommend the over sized, rubberized cocking handle?
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Servo View Post
    Picked it up today. Love it! I may try one of those $55 bipods if they're of decent quality.

*sigh*

Unfortunately it looks like you have the new inauthentic CETME style cocking tube on your PTR-91 GI. This is not HK spec, and looks out of place on a G3 clone. PTR Industries just changed the design of their cocking tubes to this new, inferior style, and I'm sorry to say that I too bought one recently without realizing they made the changes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_Burlin View Post
    *sigh*

Unfortunately it looks like you have the new inauthentic CETME style cocking tube on your PTR-91 GI. This is not HK spec, and looks out of place on a G3 clone. PTR Industries just changed the design of their cocking tubes to this new, inferior style, and I'm sorry to say that I too bought one recently without realizing they made the changes.
    I really don't care to be honest.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
    Where is your bayonet lug at?
    Thanks for the link. Maybe I'll get one, someday...

DVS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just ordered one of these from Atlantic..I didnt even notice the cocking tube was different..whats funny is PTR sells the correct cocking tubes for I think 29 bucks..sucks to have to buy one and pay someone to fix it...
    DVS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_Burlin View Post
    *sigh*

How can you tell? I just bought a ptr recently and would like to check mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DVS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can mostly live with the goofy cocking tube but I HATE the new barrel threading..I dont like the wrench flats on the Fh..which probably means they dont have the splines on the barrel like original HK would.now luckily if I want to swap barrels and cocking tubes I can do it fairly easy but still...they never should have changed it..
    Last edited by DVS; 09-02-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I laugh at all the "it's not an exact copy of an HK" posts concerning CLONES. Folks it's a PTR not an HK and if you desire the latter more then the former then pony up the extra cash to get an original.

I wanted a roller locked rifle which PTR delivers that just fine and the fact that it isn't a microscopically exact copy of the HK91 bothers me not in the least.

PTR is doing some things that actually improve the basic rifle, such as the scope rail and giving owners the option to choose from the MYRIAD of muzzle devices in the .308 standard 5/8x24 thread (instead of what 3 devices in 15x1?).
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    I laugh at all the "it's not an exact copy of an HK" posts concerning CLONES. Folks it's a PTR not an HK and if you desire the latter more then the former then pony up the extra cash to get an original.

I wanted a roller locked rifle which PTR delivers that just fine and the fact that it isn't a microscopically exact copy of the HK91 bothers me not in the least.

PTR is doing some things that actually improve the basic rifle, such as the scope rail and giving owners the option to choose from the MYRIAD of muzzle devices in the .308 standard 5/8x24 thread (instead of what 3 devices in 15x1?).
    I agree with this statement. I had a hell of a time finding a muzzle brake for my first PTR that i liked and would fit but my second PTR I could just get the one I wanted. Also I hate claw scope mounts and rails. I understand if you have to do it but given the choice I will take a welded rail every day. Heck I even preferred the older barrels with the tighter chamber flutes. My new PTR with the deeper flutes smokes like a chimney and gets way dirtier. Just because it is not a perfect hk copy does not invalidate the rifle.
    "You're in America now," I said. "Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
    Harry Dresden

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links