G36c conversion on gunbroker - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G36c conversion on gunbroker

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I paid around 4.5K for a complete HK243 + C barrel assembly (imported from the US) + short buttstock + bunch of rails . Thought it was crazy but for once at least cheaper than in the US.
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    Thats a real C kit and at $5K its a great deal, The last real C kit that I saw was $3K , SL8's are in the $1800 price range and the labor on this build is $950. I built Vito 4 of these. These have always held there value well but $5K is allot of loot, I definitely hear you.
    At $5k it is on point. Problem is that the auction is starting at $6,495.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thats a real C kit and at $5K its a great deal, The last real C kit that I saw was $3K , SL8's are in the $1800 price range and the labor on this build is $950. I built Vito 4 of these. These have always held there value well but $5K is allot of loot, I definitely hear you.
    Awesome of you to reply! If it were $5k, I'd buy it...I think that's a good price for it. $6500 is too high for my blood.

But you can confirm that it does have a real "C" barrel in it, not a cut down SL8?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Seller came back and said it was a real "C" barrel, though he didn't volunteer to send any pictures.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

it is definitely a real C barrel, I did 4 for him I have no idea how much he paid for the C kits , but they were in great shape. I just filled a cart on HKparts.net for a C build for grins, its about $1300 with the C gas parts and flash hider and everything else you would need except the rear section. I charge $950 for the build , $350 to do the C barrel and $300 for my Nylon rear sections (they look the same as factory), thats around $3k plus an SL8 and your tax stamp. some of the parts can be found cheaper if you want to shop around of course. So it can be done for less than $5K the real C barrel adds allot, Gatewood has C front ends for $2100 by themselves which would put you in the $6500
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Tommy built a G36C for me a year or two ago based on a black SL8-6 and a real C kit that almost looked unfired. Super sweet little gun and I like little guns. Not cheap, but if you can afford it, very high on both the cool factor and the fun to shoot factor.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Does the C throw subtle "X" pattern fireballs in low light with that flash hider? I noticed this one time shooting my G36K 12.5 SBR with it starting to get dark outside, so I then fired it with the flash hider removed to see what it looked like. THAT was a lot of fun! And that's only on my G36K conversion. I bet a G36C would have a bigger fireball!

Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

it is definitely a real C barrel, I did 4 for him I have no idea how much he paid for the C kits , but they were in great shape. I just filled a cart on HKparts.net for a C build for grins, its about $1300 with the C gas parts and flash hider and everything else you would need except the rear section. I charge $950 for the build , $350 to do the C barrel and $300 for my Nylon rear sections (they look the same as factory), thats around $3k plus an SL8 and your tax stamp. some of the parts can be found cheaper if you want to shop around of course. So it can be done for less than $5K the real C barrel adds allot, Gatewood has C front ends for $2100 by themselves which would put you in the $6500
    Yeah the numbers add up and it's a great looking gun. I think, personally at least, I'd have a rough time justifying the cost to myself though. That's not a build or quality-based decision, but it's definitely a "I only have so much money and $6500 for a semi auto SBR I can't put a sear pack in is unreasonable in my position" decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links