Paddle Mag release not working?

Thread: Paddle Mag release not working?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Paddle Mag release not working?

When I try to use the paddle release it does not fully release the magazine... anyone have this issue? This is on my PTR 91. Not a huge issue as I can still use the button just wondering if there is an easy fix thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check the tapered cam that rides on the mag latch post. If it has what seems to be 2 angles, that could be your problem. Replace the cam with one from RTG. It is supposed to look like the one in this picture, between the roll pin and the release button. The angled part is on the portion closest to you in the picture.

G3 MAG CATCH SET - 5 PARTS - USED

Last edited by Randyzzz; 03-09-2016 at 04:06 AM.
    Randy S.

USP9SD
    USPC .40
    P2000SK 9
    P2000 .40
    HK45
    HK45C
    VP9 TACTICAL
    PTR91A3R

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randyzzz View Post
    Check the tapered cam that rides on the mag latch post. If it has what seems to be 2 angles, that could be your problem. Replace the cam with one from RTG. It is supposed to look like the one in this picture, between the roll pin and the release button. The angled part is on the portion closest to you in the picture.

G3 MAG CATCH SET - 5 PARTS - USED

Deleted

I was thinking the paddle instead of the cam.
    Last edited by Steve_in_29; 03-09-2016 at 05:04 AM.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here's a picture of the style that can cause problems. The steeper portion of the wedge causes the release to move to little when the paddle is actuated. I had a similar problem a while back on a rifle I bought used. I replaced the latch and the cam with the RTG parts I linked to and it worked perfectly.

Paddle Mag release not working?-image.jpeg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randyzzz View Post
    Here's a picture of the style that can cause problems. The steeper portion of the wedge causes the release to move to little when the paddle is actuated. I had a similar problem a while back on a rifle I bought used. I replaced the latch and the cam with the RTG parts I linked to and it worked perfectly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	244 
Size:	942.3 KB 
ID:	40516
    That is an EXCELLENT reference picture. Downloaded and saved. Thank you for posting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    That is an EXCELLENT reference picture. Downloaded and saved. Thank you for posting it.
    Glad I could be of assistance. I did replace the actual latch at the same time, but both latches looked dimensionally the same. I will advise that the roll pin is a bear to reinstall. Mask the receiver with heavy tape if you don't want scratches...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Also check for rubbing of the cam against rear of mag well when actuated.(scratches on finish of cam are a giveaway.) On a clone I built I had this problem from the weld being higher than it should. You could use the push button but it would occassionally bind using the paddle because it was pushing it against the rear of mag well and it was rubbing as a result. Was not obvious though until I saw the scratching on the cam. Took a bit to figure out since it did not do this consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this a new PTR gun?

I think people have had problems with the new paddle release not working properly.

Sponsored Links