40 cal Mp5sd - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 40 cal Mp5sd

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Johoevasmatrix

Yes, took an S&H Arms SD can and had the baffles bored out a little bit to accommodate the 40 S&W ammo.
    Filed a Form 1 as the ATF considers this making a new suppressor. It is now engraved and bears two calibers
    engraved on its tube.
    Do they really consider boring out an existing suppressor to be making a new suppressor? That's crazy. Somehow changing the caliber on a SBR is not considered creating a whole new SBR though. There is no rhyme or reason to ATF positions.
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johoevasmatrix View Post
    Sluggie you brought up a interesting point. Most of what I shoot is 185. Even 165 is still subsonic. So their is no reason to have the bleed off ports. However, having a dedicated 40 cal can is a must. But it did get me thinking about using kac 10mm can on it. The handguard will hide the mount anyway. Now I just need to research the dimensions on each. Also if barrel is ported like the traditional sd and use a sd can on it, I'll have the potential of baffle strikes correct? After doing a search for all this, I don't feel that price for a complete setup is that bad, if a deal could be struck off gb I think it would sell for fair market price. He has a bunch of extra parts that are either hard to find or very expensive. I've started to buy extra 40 gear. Not easy or cheap to find.
    My idea really only saves money if you already own a screw on can to use. If you had to buy a can either way the cost would be about the same. The cleaning would be easier though. I'm not sure about baffle strikes with ported 40 barrels. It possible that the heavier bullets will be slowed down too much and not stabilize properly. That's something to ask the builders who make them. I don't really see the point of ported barrels for them however because like we both said, they are already subsonic. Slowing them down more just takes impact energy away.

I had talked to a builder years back about converting my 40 clone to an SD. Was a bit pricey, but not crazy, and I had the same ammo questions you brought up.(I only use/have stocked up 180gr) I eventually decided to just get a Gemtech Raptor 40 can for it as well as a 9mm SD clone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

just wondering, what are you going to do with this? I mean why a 40 sd

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepGuy79 View Post
    Federal FMJ:
    9mm 147gr, 326 ft/lbs at 1000fps
    40S&W 180gr, 400ft/lbs at 1000fps (23% greater muzzle energy)
    Hitting paper, no difference. Knocking over steel, BIG difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's cool. I knew some sub gun competition guys used it for that reason. I didn't ever see what the energy difference was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggie24 View Post
    I'm not sure about baffle strikes with ported 40 barrels. It possible that the heavier bullets will be slowed down too much and not stabilize properly. That's something to ask the builders who make them. I don't really see the point of ported barrels for them however because like we both said, they are already subsonic. Slowing them down more just takes impact energy away..
    Never a baffle strike...
    Go to that very popular video channel, copy and paste:
    RDTS MP5/40 SD TESTFIRE (REM 180 GR GREEN BOX)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well there you go OP. ^

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The simple answer is cause the 45 mp5s feed like ****. Or because I don't have anything 9mm. I like 40 cal I stopped shooting it after the ump got built. I just got a pcs9 in 40 and I just sent my ump 40 bolt and barrel off to have some mill work done. So it was either 40SD or TSMG. I guess I'm on a 40 kick. What am I going to do with this? Shoot the ever loving **** out of her. At some point I'd like to do some pistol caliber comps for fun.
    HK's make me smile!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you could just tell me cause you can and it would be badass. I support it. I was just wondering what she would spend her life doing. I hope you do it and shoot us some really nice video cause I know I want to hear it. I bet I'm not alone.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

you could just tell me cause you can and it would be badass. I support it. I was just wondering what she would spend her life doing. I hope you do it and shoot us some really nice video cause I know I want to hear it. I bet I'm not alone.
    I took James mp5 class and played around with his sd then another member said he had a pair of 40 cal SDs and I was hooked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links