My G36K clone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My G36K clone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Sure, I am not asking for you to reveal the serial, rather I am asking to know if it is the same serial the G36 had. I ask because I am curious how ATF will handle a form 1 to make a sbr, with a model G36KE1, that has a serial number of a G36 more than likely listed in the registry. Please understand I am not making any comment about the legality of your rifle, I believe it is GTG. I am curious to see how ATF responds to the application.
    No worries. Like I said, I don't believe the serial number on it now is the same as the original G36's (likely multiple donors) that the receiver pieces came from. Not that I have many HK arms, but the serial number doesn't look like any of my other HKs. I listed Engage Armament LLC as the manufacturer, and had to enter the model instead of using something pre-populated in the dropdown selections. As such, the application goes into a state where it's pending research. It didn't get a control number initially. This is the second form 1 I've had that happen on. The other one took a month to get updated to pending and get a control number assigned. I have heard of a case where someone had a Krinkov SBR'd. Did the paperwork to remove it from the NFA registry (and make it a Title I gun again). Sold it. Then the purchaser filed a Form 1. That purchaser got held up because of delays in recording the un-SBRing of that rifle -- for a year. When their application came up for review the serial number still showed up as a SBR for the examiner and they had to get things sorted. We'll see what happens with this one. I'm not too worried about it.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Looks pretty sweet.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    I believe they have one left.
    I was referring to the SL8s in general when they were being imported. Unfortunately don't have the coin to drop for a fully converted one right now. Still hoping one day to find a steal on a SL8 and convert it

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Does the serial start with the prefix 83, 84, 85, or 86? I believe those are how all of the G36's started. The various 8X numbers denote the models of G36. Not too sure off hand how many places they have after the prefix and dash. I would hazard a guess that if you have one of these prefixes, and the rest of the serial is numbers, they reused the G36 serial. I understand what you were describing about eforms. I am interested to hear what you turn up in the process. Again, that is a mighty fine looking rifle right there.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Very nice--- thanks for sharing!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Does the serial start with the prefix 83, 84, 85, or 86? I believe those are how all of the G36's started. The various 8X numbers denote the models of G36. Not too sure off hand how many places they have after the prefix and dash. I would hazard a guess that if you have one of these prefixes, and the rest of the serial is numbers, they reused the G36 serial. I understand what you were describing about eforms. I am interested to hear what you turn up in the process. Again, that is a mighty fine looking rifle right there.
    The serial number starts with E36K.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Well then you probably have a winner!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWolff View Post
    I was referring to the SL8s in general when they were being imported. Unfortunately don't have the coin to drop for a fully converted one right now. Still hoping one day to find a steal on a SL8 and convert it
    Depending on what you consider a "steal", that SL8 in my last picture I picked up a couple months ago on GunBroker for $1400. That was fair to me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've had some folks ask for closer pictures of the receiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links