My G36K clone
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My G36K clone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default My G36K clone

Hi folks,

I'm mostly a lurker, but I've come out of my shell a bit lately. I wanted to show off my newest clone I purchased recently. I've been on a kick to get fairly set with my NFA items before 41F becomes effective. It'll just be too much hassle (and probably too many questions) if my wife has to go get fingerprinted for each new NFA item as well. To be honest, I had never really considered a G36 based anything until I saw some pics of some XM8 clones Tom has been working on. That was maybe a couple months ago now. After getting an SL8 for an XM8 conversion I just saw the potential and looked around to see what a G36 conversion would take. Then I heard about some complete K length rifles being available at reasonable prices (for what they are). I took advantage of the opportunity. I filed the eForm form 1 within 24 hours of getting it home, so the silly flash hider will be coming off eventually.

This is a G36K clone built as a collaboration between Tom Bostic and Engage Armament. To quote Tom on another thread of mine:

Quote Originally Posted by tbostic View Post
    we were able to manufacture a very small number of semi auto G36 rifles from several different parts kits along with a few added machined parts. These were manufactured with internal block offs just like the SL8 to prevent the G36 carriers from fitting in and use all the normal semi auto parts you would find in the standard SL8 conversions out there. I believe they are selling them in the $4500 range and there are only a few left. Unfortunetly opportunities like this are rare , Ive only been able to collect enough parts to build about 1 a year or so. These were all manufactured at Engage Armament with my help under their 07 license and they all have The Engage Armament LLC FFL markings on them, I do believe two still had the original H&K markings that were left mostly intact.
    Being a complete newbie on this system/platform I didn't know what I had even after I had it in hand. I thought it was odd not to see the serial number plate on the left side as I had seen in lots of other SL8 conversion pics. I just assumed it was an SL8 conversion because, well, that's what's out there, right? Having only handled my SL8 for the XM8 project, I was blown away at how light, balanced, and handy this G36K is. I'm completely enamored with it. Now I'm scrambling to scrape up enough money to start a G36C project. I need to get a Form 1 in for one of those.

Anyway, to the pics...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sweet G36
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

T36KERA1 / STEYR AUG / IWI X95 / AR15 / HK VP9 / HK P2000 / Glock 43 / Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great looking gun. I missed the boat on these.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWolff View Post
    Great looking gun. I missed the boat on these.
    I believe they have one left.
    TommyBuilt Tactical LLC 07/ SOT
    Hidden Content
    For all your G36 and UMP conversion needs

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Looks great. You can say for a fact you own a semiauto only G36. Yours having never been an SL8. Congratulations on your rifle!

A different thought, what will you lost one your Form 1 as the model? Is it the same serial as when it was a full auto G36?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That looks great! Very cool how it was made using real G36 parts, and not an SL8.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

DKL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madtrader View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm mostly a lurker, but I've come out of my shell a bit lately. I wanted to show off my newest clone I purchased recently. I've been on a kick to get fairly set with my NFA items before 41F becomes effective. It'll just be too much hassle (and probably too many questions) if my wife has to go get fingerprinted for each new NFA item as well. To be honest, I had never really considered a G36 based anything until I saw some pics of some XM8 clones Tom has been working on. That was maybe a couple months ago now. After getting an SL8 for an XM8 conversion I just saw the potential and looked around to see what a G36 conversion would take. Then I heard about some complete K length rifles being available at reasonable prices (for what they are). I took advantage of the opportunity. I filed the eForm form 1 within 24 hours of getting it home, so the silly flash hider will be coming off eventually.

This is a G36K clone built as a collaboration between Tom Bostic and Engage Armament. To quote Tom on another thread of mine:

Being a complete newbie on this system/platform I didn't know what I had even after I had it in hand. I thought it was odd not to see the serial number plate on the left side as I had seen in lots of other SL8 conversion pics. I just assumed it was an SL8 conversion because, well, that's what's out there, right? Having only handled my SL8 for the XM8 project, I was blown away at how light, balanced, and handy this G36K is. I'm completely enamored with it. Now I'm scrambling to scrape up enough money to start a G36C project. I need to get a Form 1 in for one of those.

Anyway, to the pics...

very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    A different thought, what will you lost one your Form 1 as the model? Is it the same serial as when it was a full auto G36?
    Having recently had a Form 1 kicked back over model name, I asked first. The model number is "G36KE1". That also happens to be what's engraved on the side, so I made sure to have a picture of that attached to the eForm. I can't say for sure, but I think the serial number was generated by Engage Armament. I'd rather not share the serial number, but I think looking at it most would probably agree.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    That looks great! Very cool how it was made using real G36 parts, and not an SL8.
    I really lucked into it. I just heard about them being available, asked the price as a curiosity, and did the mental math on how much I'd have to spend to get something as nice. I couldn't believe the deal. Then it was more a question of if I could rub enough pennies together to do it immediately. I know how out-of-whack GunBroker prices can get on things, but this was less than several of the listed stock-block variety I had seen.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by madtrader View Post
    Having recently had a Form 1 kicked back over model name, I asked first. The model number is "G36KE1". That also happens to be what's engraved on the side, so I made sure to have a picture of that attached to the eForm. I can't say for sure, but I think the serial number was generated by Engage Armament. I'd rather not share the serial number, but I think looking at it most would probably agree.
    Sure, I am not asking for you to reveal the serial, rather I am asking to know if it is the same serial the G36 had. I ask because I am curious how ATF will handle a form 1 to make a sbr, with a model G36KE1, that has a serial number of a G36 more than likely listed in the registry. Please understand I am not making any comment about the legality of your rifle, I believe it is GTG. I am curious to see how ATF responds to the application.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links