Thread: BEWARE of PTR91 Bolt Head Wear

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure they will cherry pick you "select" parts. GARY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Earl_Burlin View Post
    OP: You might be better off selling the PTR and just buying an HK-91.

The HKs are tremendously better rifles in all aspects. I don't think you'd be disappointed in one.
    Earl, I am really happy with my rifle now with a new match grade barrel, German trunion, and new German bolt. I had a few of the sellers online send me more pics of their 91s for sale. One looked as if it was used as a hammer. Others have well used bolt heads and other parts in the lower $2000 range. I have looked at two 91s locally that look new, but they ran around $3000.

The problem is I could add all German parts (illegal of course), but the receiver is still PTR (never heard of receiver issues) and this rifle will never be worth the money I have in it. Even though all work was done by one hell of a gunsmith, people shy away from heavily modified firearms, which I do from time-to-time myself.
    Last edited by sensor5; 05-19-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barrington View Post
    Earl,

PTR is like the family member or friend who is a druggie or alcoholic, nearly parished fron an overdose and moved out of town (Conneticut to South Carolina). We all really want them to succeed but are constantly dismayed by having to bail them out of rehab (warranty work). They get a reputation and no one wants to hang with them (falling sales). Why can't they shave, shower, put on a (quality control ) suit and succeed like their cousins Ruger, DPTMS, Springfield Armory, and DSA? S&W and Colt both fell off the bandwagon (bankruptcy) but came back. PTR has a great opportunity to succeed ( in rehab) as long as they get clean so people (forum posters) stop ratting them out.
    The difference between PTR and the other companies you named is that they have law enforcement and/or military contracts and PTR does not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE......I finally got to talk with Jeff at PTR today (we had been playing phone tag for nearly a week). Jeff was very polite and listened to my issues. He apologized for the problems I had and I apologized for getting too upset about the situation. He sent me a prepaid FEDEX label to return the defective bolt and hammer and took my mailing address to send me a new bolt and asked me to shoot it and compare it to the new German HK bolt I just received.

Very great customer service....................I will post pics of the two bolts and results after I put at least 100 rounds through the rifle with the PTR bolt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I glad to hear it all worked out, we just got our new PTR 91 GI R this week, can't wait to take her to the range Ina few weeks..

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Sponsored Links