Omega SD uppers from Atlantic - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Omega SD uppers from Atlantic

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
    They will sell regardless. The 41f rush is artificial, people will not stop buying NFA items after July 13th.
    Oh they will sell...but there is a buying frenzy going on out there right now as people try to beat the deadline.
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    We will be offering the base SD upper with no suppressor , This will allow the shooter to use the suppressor of their choice & make the transfer quick & easy .

May we assume that the threading on the barrel is the std. HK SD barrel, which I believe is 18mm by 1? Someone who knows more than me please correct this if I have it wrong.

Thanks
    Chuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

price yet?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Honestly I'm still going to stick with MKE/Zenith because they don't have that horrible block where the front trigger housing pin is supposed to go. I honestly could not care less about the block in the receiver that prevents a full auto bolt carrier from being used - I never plan on buying a registered sear anyway.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    May we assume that the threading on the barrel is the std. HK SD barrel, which I believe is 18mm by 1? Someone who knows more than me please correct this if I have it wrong.

Thanks
    Chuck
    From what I understand that is correct, the barrels on them are threaded 18x1 metric so any SD can should work fine.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The upper shown in the pic is a older model that we are testing and plan on upgrading a few features on the New production uppers to include , Factory correct MP5 rear sight base ,updated newer style cocking handle & billeted SD front sight tower .
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a fantastic idea. For whose who have SBR'ed their MP5 and engraved the upper, I guess the SD upper wouldn't work with a stock, would it?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Duc View Post
    Sounds like a fantastic idea. For whose who have SBR'ed their MP5 and engraved the upper, I guess the SD upper wouldn't work with a stock, would it?
    Why wouldn't the SD upper work with a stock (once you have your stamp back)? The backend of the receiver should be the same as any other MP5, so you should be able to use any MP5 stock you'd like.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms.com View Post
    The upper shown in the pic is a older model that we are testing and plan on upgrading a few features on the New production uppers to include , Factory correct MP5 rear sight base ,updated newer style cocking handle & billeted SD front sight tower .
    Any word on pricing for the upper when you release it? I've got to decide if I need to make room for a second SD in my collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Why wouldn't the SD upper work with a stock (once you have your stamp back)? The backend of the receiver should be the same as any other MP5, so you should be able to use any MP5 stock you'd like.
    It's compatible, that's what you are saying. I agree. The problem I see is that the stamp and engraving is on my original upper, not on the lower like how we usually do with an AR. When I replace the upper with the SD upper, I now have a SD pistol. When I put the stock on now what's considered a pistol... Federal Penitentiary time!

Somebody correct me if I am wrong. The SD upper is an excellent idea. I just want to make sure it would work with a SBR'ed MP5 without violating any NFA laws.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links