HKPRO Forums banner

SAR 8..... Ok guys teach me

6K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  AGG 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked this guy up in a trade.... Had gotten a lot of extras with it
the gun. SAR 8 looks to be a 3/8 over stamp and a low serial # to boot. my guess is that it had green furniture because it has a green charging handle.
what furniture did these have? mine had an H&K flash hider on it and is threaded so I am going to say this was one of the enhance? (am I getting that right?) versions. And it also has an E&L Mfg butt pad on it with all of the pieces to make it longer pull. and a ES & EAS-W safety in it

the extras
H&K claw mount with a tru-glo 4x on it
some cheapie aluminum high scope mount (in pictures)
2 black hand guards (1 wide 1 slim)
3 butt pads 2 wide (German?) and the original for the stock
Fabian Bros muzzle stabilizer with original packaging
2 ES & EAS-W safeties in packaging
17 steel mags 1 marked 1A 3- 1B 6- 1C 6 unmarked and an unmarked 10 rd

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
forgot to add 140 rds of ammo.... anyone know where I can get the wide hand guard in OD green? maybe its jungle green or dark green?

looks like H&K parts has the stock for $25 in OD and I have a pistol grip in green already...... all I seen on H&K parts is the slim hand guard in OD

#3 · (Edited)
nice yours is the only other one i have seen, mine came with wood stocks but i suspected they were not original. my charging handle is bear metal and hurts like crap to cock it. my overstamp is poor in that you can see distinctly the 3 and the 8, the quality of my gun is superb. i would like to put mine back all original, but never knew they had green stocks. mark

found these pretty cheap http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=261

#6 ·
nice yours is the only other one i have seen, mine came with wood stocks but i suspected they were not original. my charging handle is bear metal and hurts like crap to cock it. my overstamp is poor in that you can see distinctly the 3 and the 8, the quality of my gun is superb. i would like to put mine back all original, but never knew they had green stocks. mark

found these pretty cheap G3 Complete Stock set - $39.95 : Military Gun Supply, SSAR-15, Parts Kits, Surplus Guns, And More!
The link doesn't specify a "wide" handguard so I would venture it is simply the green slimline.

HKParts has HK wide ones for something like $150 and RTG has POF(?) for $75 but OOS.

Nice score OP.

#4 ·
So it does look like a SAR3 over stamped. Which means that it is pre ban. The threaded barrel is another give away. Changing out the cocking handle is simple. 10 min job. Some of the SARs did come with green furniture. I had only seen one back when they came out.

#8 · (Edited)
my overstamp weapon is well used compared to the op's which looks like a safe queen. my serial number is in the range so it's good to know for me it's legit. so is the consensus that these weapons had originally "black stocks"? or did they come in a variety of choices? thank's for any insights. mark

Text Font Metal Vehicle Car
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

#10 ·
my overstamp weapon is well used compared to the op's which looks like a safe queen. my serial number is in the range so it's good to know for me it's legit. so is the consensus that these weapons had originally "black stocks"? or did they come in a variety of choices? thank's for any insights. mark

View attachment 60906 View attachment 60914
Im diggin the wood. I am almost positive mine had to have green furniture. I can't see that they would have a green charging handle and black furniture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.