New Zenith Z-5K Problems
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Zenith Z-5K Problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New Zenith Z-5K Problems

Hey guys I just went to pickup my Zenith Z5K and the first 2 mags less than 10 rounds would go thru it and it would either fail to eject or double feed... not sure what the issue is... It seemed really dry so I added some oil which did not help... also the bolt itself seems loose when the charging handle is in the rear most position (it's able to slide back and fourth about 5mm) ...... this seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've read that even replacing the extractor & spring doesn't always fix the issue... this is what I'm worried about.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

One of my Z-5P's was a little grumpy for the first few mags with 115 grain ammo. I gave it a good clean and lube and switched to 124 grain ammo and it has been fine ever since. I would recommend trying that before getting too concerned. Congrats on the purchase, they are a blast once you get it sorted. The Zenith folks are great too if your problems should persist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

double feed = mag issue
    fail to eject, ejector

ASSuming your diagnostic is correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    One of my Z-5P's was a little grumpy for the first few mags with 115 grain ammo. I gave it a good clean and lube and switched to 124 grain ammo and it has been fine ever since. I would recommend trying that before getting too concerned. Congrats on the purchase, they are a blast once you get it sorted. The Zenith folks are great too if your problems should persist.
    1000 Rounds of Bulk 9mm Ammo by PMC - 124gr FMJ Running this ammo and it didn't like it... never had any issues with PMC before though.

Quote Originally Posted by toomuch View Post
    double feed = mag issue
    fail to eject, ejector

ASSuming your diagnostic is correct
    The shells would get stuck between the charging handle and the bolt so that's failure to feed. And sometimes it would feed a new round in without ejecting the spent shell... so not technically double feeding..... not sure what you call that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First review of this ammo at the link describes the ammo's "soft kick." For the civilian version of a military/LE-issue SMG, I would use the ammo it was designed to be used with, ie. 124gr 9mm NATO, but that's just me. After a couple hundred rounds of full-power ammo through it, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked better with the cheap stuff.
    Someday this war's gonna end...
    - LTC Kilgore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    First review of this ammo at the link describes the ammo's "soft kick." For the civilian version of a military/LE-issue SMG, I would use the ammo it was designed to be used with, ie. 124gr 9mm NATO, but that's just me. After a couple hundred rounds of full-power ammo through it, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked better with the cheap stuff.
    How does it change the way it feeds after breaking it in with higher pressure ammo? I ordered 100 147gr rounds to see how it goes.. Hoping to get it sorted soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I tried.
    what? ....

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There might be some small burrs or rough spots in the finish on the wear parts. Breaking it in with a few hundred rounds of full power 124 will help smooth out those area which results in improved functioning. You will see that contact points such as the rails and some spots on the bolt carrier will get a little shiny after a few hundred rounds as the parts wear in.

I would also give it a good cleaning and lube, the stuff they put on from the factory is a little sticky, its more like a rust preservative than a lube.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links