Strike Industries "MP5 Project" - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Strike Industries "MP5 Project"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know the owner of Strike Industries, they're a reputable company and not ones to steal from others and they have a full R&D team that work very hard to produce products with innovation. In my opinion Ghilliebear jumped the gun and stepped the line by making these accusations, gun designs haven't really changed and people come up with similar designs all the time, it's just kind of how the gun industry is.

So to me, these are pretty big accusations coming from someone that technically thrives by making HK clones (is that considered stealing HK's design?), and considering that there's nothing even remotely near completion to show from the Ghilliebear camp til this day, despite being in development for what, going on 4 years now? By their own admission even the attorney thinks its a weak case.

SI simply beat Ghilliebear to it with better and faster R&D. I'll bet SI is not even aware of Ghilliebear's concept before they came up with theirs.

For those that decide to boycott SI or whatever, that's your call, but it's clear to me there's no foul-play going on here and is nothing more than two companies each individually came up with a similar idea. Chances are you'll be waiting a lot longer to get Ghilliebear's product.

I have no stake in this, I have no interest in either product but do think the Ghilliebear design is sleeker, I'm not a fan of the arbitrary design outlines found on SI's prototype.
    Last edited by Darkest2000; 01-20-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The similarity is striking, especially considering the age of the PCS public post's, and the apparent early development of the SI product. I anticipate as it evolves to become compliant and constructed of a material that 'shoots' it will increasingly look like the Axes, which shoots, and is compliant. So legaleese aside, PCS is first, disparage Jeff all you want, his shoots (well) and is compliant.
    I'll be in on the Axes, thank you Jeff for all of your creativity and years of fulfilling HK dreams for so many.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest2000 View Post
    I know the owner of Strike Industries, they're a reputable company and not ones to steal from others and they have a full R&D team that work very hard to produce products with innovation. In my opinion Ghilliebear jumped the gun and stepped the line by making these accusations, gun designs haven't really changed and people come up with similar designs all the time, it's just kind of how the gun industry is.

So to me, these are pretty big accusations coming from someone that technically thrives by making HK clones (is that considered stealing HK's design?), and considering that there's nothing even remotely near completion to show from the Ghilliebear camp til this day, despite being in development for what, going on 4 years now? By their own admission even the attorney thinks its a weak case.

SI simply beat Ghilliebear to it with better and faster R&D. I'll bet SI is not even aware of Ghilliebear's concept before they came up with theirs.

For those that decide to boycott SI or whatever, that's your call, but it's clear to me there's no foul-play going on here and is nothing more than two companies each individually came up with a similar idea. Chances are you'll be waiting a lot longer to get Ghilliebear's product.

I have no stake in this, I have no interest in either product but do think the Ghilliebear design is sleeker, I'm not a fan of the arbitrary design outlines found on SI's prototype.
    I agree 100%. I'm no fanboy of any brand, but I do tell people when products genuinely impress me. I have a few SI products (small AR-15 parts like the bolt catch) and while they are nothing earth shattering and sometimes they go a little heavy with form over function, their quality is up to par, they ship fast with fair prices, and I haven't seen any sort of scumbaggery from them before like misleading advertisements. To be fair I have never done business with Ghilliebear but I've heard nothing but good things about his work and business from here and other forums. I hope Ghillie can set his frustration aside and finish what I'm sure will be an amazing product, regardless of whatever SI is working on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Strike Industries "MP5 Project"

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Deal!

Strike Industries is like the crazy uncle of the AR world. They kinda do their own thing and come out with a variety of parts.

When this hits the market you can buy me a Z-5RS and save yourself a few bucks.
    Yeah I'll take that deal as well. Strike has been very innovative and they offer rails for HK AR's. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they produce this one.

ETA: should have read further before posting, looks like I missed a lot of something. Regardless, it looks interesting and bashing a company trying to service the the highly underserved aftermarket HK crowd makes zero sense.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 06-26-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    NRA Life Member

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yeah I'll take that deal as well. Strike has been very innovative and they offer rails for HK AR's. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they produce this one.

ETA: should have read further before posting, looks like I missed a lot of something. Regardless, it looks interesting and bashing a company trying to service the the highly underserved aftermarket HK crowd makes zero sense.
    That "something" you missed is that PCS posted four years ago about a similar product they were developing. Go to https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabellu...-s-coming.html and look at the OP. There is a rendering from four years ago of the PCS receiver. Now look at the picture in the OP of this thread. The SI prototype uses the original cocking mechanism and PCS uses a proprietary system. Other than that they look very similar to me. PCS are a small operation. Prototyping FTB approval and basic R&D is very expensive. It is my understanding that PCS is in the final phase of testing before bring their product to market. If you were the long term member here and posted your initial prototype four years ago, sent thousands of dollars on R&D, and someone else posted a very similar product that they were looking to release, I would be upset too. I think that is what the "bashing" is all about.

The roller locked community is small. Maybe SI had no idea about the PCS system. Especially here at HK Pro, Jeff at PCS has been a long term member of this community. He has been quite a contributing member here and a builder with quite a great long term standing with a big following. I personally have over 15 guns that Jeff has built for me. With Jeff's prototype being so much older and with his status in this community, I would think SI bringing that product to market would not be very well received, at least here. Both designs seems like the next logical step in the progression of the roller locked platform. It is sad that HK didn't do something like that. The sheet metal roller locked platform is very dated. I think it is great that a small company like PCS has stepped up and developed the roller locked gun to the next level. I'll be buying one when Jeff brings his product to market. YMMV.

Scott

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    That "something" you missed is that PCS posted four years ago about a similar product they were developing. Go to https://www.hkpro.com/forum/parabellu...-s-coming.html and look at the OP. There is a rendering from four years ago of the PCS receiver. Now look at the picture in the OP of this thread. The SI prototype uses the original cocking mechanism and PCS uses a proprietary system. Other than that they look very similar to me. PCS are a small operation. Prototyping FTB approval and basic R&D is very expensive. It is my understanding that PCS is in the final phase of testing before bring their product to market. If you were the long term member here and posted your initial prototype four years ago, sent thousands of dollars on R&D, and someone else posted a very similar product that they were looking to release, I would be upset too. I think that is what the "bashing" is all about.

The roller locked community is small. Maybe SI had no idea about the PCS system. Especially here at HK Pro, Jeff at PCS has been a long term member of this community. He has been quite a contributing member here and a builder with quite a great long term standing with a big following. I personally have over 15 guns that Jeff has built for me. With Jeff's prototype being so much older and with his status in this community, I would think SI bringing that product to market would not be very well received, at least here. Both designs seems like the next logical step in the progression of the roller locked platform. It is sad that HK didn't do something like that. The sheet metal roller locked platform is very dated. I think it is great that a small company like PCS has stepped up and developed the roller locked gun to the next level. I'll be buying one when Jeff brings his product to market. YMMV.

Scott
    I have no dog in the PCS vs SI debate. I can tell you in all honesty that I did not follow Jeff's initial post about his design. I independently conceived of a design on my own which was very similar to the SI design about two years ago. Firearms like the SCAR, ACR, CZ Bren, and B&T APC (monolithic chasis) and LMT MRP/mws (barrel retention) lend ideas to those who are interested in firearm design. It is a pretty short leap to conceive of applying such design principles to legacy firearms like the HK roller delays to "update" them for the 21st century.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Unless you went to the PCS forum you would not have seen Jeff's posts. Certainly, a modular receiver is a natural progression for the roller locked mechanism IMHO. I'm interested in doing something along the same lines only using the roller locked system with another firearms family. I do find it odd that SI has several images tied to their Facebook page for their modular roller locked receiver all around the end of December/beginning of January. If I was planning to release a modular receiver based on the original HK design, I would have a presence on the biggest site for that style firearm. To me HK Pro is the biggest site for the roller locked guns on the web, yet SI are not a Vendor here.

Looking at the SI website, it seems to me that most of SI products are for the AR. The guy that was responding to questions on the SI Facebook page didn't seem to know that the SI product would be the receiver. They also seemed to have gone the Southern Asian route with their receiver, as their receiver seems to have the front pp. Sure I would think a couple of AR guys might be interested in the SI receiver. But it would be much more likely that roller locked enthusiasts would be the biggest group of potential buyers, yet they have ignored this site. I thought that was odd.

Scott

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

If this is the biggest "roller locked forum" on the internet, why aren't other non-HK roller locked firearms discussed? This is an HK forum with an HK-clone section. I wouldn't necessarily call any gun that uses surplus HK pieces a clone anymore than I'd call a CETME L a clone of an HK.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Handy View Post
    If this is the biggest "roller locked forum" on the internet, why aren't other non-HK roller locked firearms discussed? This is an HK forum with an HK-clone section. I wouldn't necessarily call any gun that uses surplus HK pieces a clone anymore than I'd call a CETME L a clone of an HK.
    Shots Fired!!! :-)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    Unless you went to the PCS forum you would not have seen Jeff's posts. Certainly, a modular receiver is a natural progression for the roller locked mechanism IMHO.
    Exactly. I think the modular monolithic or bilithic chasis upper receiver is the natural progression for all firearms.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links