Official PTR91 Owner's Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Apparently you were typing as I was editing my post to correct myself.

The statement is correct as to the labeling though, as the lawyers on CalGuns have stated before in that as long as the words flash hider and/or suppression have NEVER been associated with a muzzle device (either in advertising or specifications) then it is legal according to the law. Now one that looks similar to an already known flash suppressor isn't going to fly that way.

Some comps can suppress flash but if that is listed as part of their specifications or a benefit of use then even though it is sold as a comp it is illegal according to the CA definition.

This is all in the realm of what could happen if you managed to step on your crank and end up in court on a weapons charge. It is very dependent on the jurisdiction and how aggressive the DA wants to be.
    Last edited by Steve_in_29; 02-19-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnSnow View Post
    I too am new to the forums but I have had my PTR91 for quite some time and enjoy it along with my HK-91. I also recently picked up a Century C308 because the price was too good to pass up and have been quite happy with it as well. While it doesn't have the prestige of being a HK it does carry its blood in its design and mine has been a very good clone but not as nice of one as the PTR is.
    I'm giving the Century C308 serious consideration. Good price and they appear to be solid, reliable rifles.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Long time PTR owner here...great idea for a thread. Where is this PTR group?
    Last edited by kong; 02-25-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    --Samuel Adams

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    I'm giving the Century C308 serious consideration. Good price and they appear to be solid, reliable rifles.
    FWIW (which isn't much!), I handled a new C308 and a used PTR 91 at my lgs. The PTR was worlds smoother in operation and had a much better finish. The smoother operation could be due to it being used and broken in, I don't know but I knew right there that the PTR was what I was going to order, and I ended up ordering one from Atlantic later that day and I should have it tomorrow. I'll post pics and impressions when I get it.

I did not buy the used PTR because it did not have the paddle release, pic rail or current 5/8x24 threaded barrel and they wanted $900.00.

Keep in mind, I am in no way knocking the C308. I've read they are very good guns. My only experience is seeing the two at my lgs the other day and that's all I had to go on.
    Last edited by Hulley; 02-20-2017 at 12:49 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
    I would give the PTR more serious consideration!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^^ I 2nd that
    The fit and finish, welds and sights are much better on the PTR. But if you are just looking to send some 308/7.62 down range, the Century will do the job.
    "Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got it and I freaking dig it! Ammo will be delivered tomorrow and I'll go run it in a few days. So excited, felt as smooth as the used one in the store last week.

Attachment 94458

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    Got it and I freaking dig it! Ammo will be delivered tomorrow and I'll go run it in a few days. So excited, felt as smooth as the used one in the store last week.

Attachment 94458
    Nice. Now pick up a wide black forearm from RTG while he still has them in stock to avoid heat issues with your support hand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post

Attachment 94458
    Excellent. I have plenty of ammo but it's been raining here, so I haven't had a chance to shoot my new A3R.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    Nice. Now pick up a wide black forearm from RTG while he still has them in stock to avoid heat issues with your support hand.
    I have to say, I have a slim forearm, wide forearm, and also a 'tactical forearm, I'd recommend the 'tactical' to anyone, it makes it so you can use any bipod you like, as well as a grip or a rail cover. I like the wide hand guard just fine, but this offers a lot more versatility, and I can attest to the quality of the actual product.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/view...idcategory=112
    Last edited by ChefOTheRuler; 02-20-2017 at 11:34 PM.
    "Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links