Official PTR91 Owner's Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I just created a PTR91 group on here and invited you all to join. Please join and lets make this a great informative group!! Also, make sure that you subscribe to the group so that you can get updates on it and stay informed.
    Last edited by 2ndAmendmentMason; 01-07-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Found the invite, it's in user settings. Thanks, joined. I wish we had a sticky for the images though. Do groups not show up in this forum area?

Another picture for the picture thread:

Last edited by Josefius; 01-07-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Found the invite, it's in user settings. Thanks, joined. I wish we had a sticky for the images though. Do groups not show up in this forum area?

Another picture for the picture thread:

Josefius, unfortunately the groups do not show up in this forum area. In fact, I have always thought that a specific group would be better than a specific thread, but was afraid that it would not take off due to the lack of traffic in the group area. I am hoping that if the section mods will tack this thread up it will help direct potential group members to our group. I have honestly never spent anytime within the groups, but I guess that will be changing. I would just like to see our group take off and flourish and be a great resource for us that own PTR's. nice pic, BTW!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, I love this rifle. I hope the group takes off, and at the very least we get the picture thread as a sticky. btw, I found a great grease called Slip2000 EWG (Extreme Weapons Grease) it has made things a bit easier and I've heard good things about Slip2000. I have the CLP oil as well, but have yet to use it on any of my firearms.

Location : The bluberry in the tomato soup (Austin, Texas, USA)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amen brother!

I just got an SC for Christmas and it took me about an hour to remove the stuck cap! I've owned several clones over the years and always replace the blank plug with a bayo cap. The detent that normally would secure the cap wasn't even rotated into place. In fact, the cap itself was secured entirely by the thick power-coating/paint or whatever PTR sprays on their rifles. I was so puzzled by the fact that it wasn't removable that I called PTR and asked if it was soldered on. I tried cutting the edge with a razor blade, hammer and chisel, vice grips, etc. I eventually ended up clamping the edges of the cap in the vice and giving the end of the barrel a good whack. The aluminum cap was destroyed in the process and I put a few scratches on the triple frame and barrel. I prefer the CETME plug and bayonet which requires an additional hole in the triple frame for a second detent located around 2 o'clock (see attached photos). Overall it was a lot more trouble than it should have been.

Attachment 83658Attachment 83666

Oh, and I'm sure some eagle-eye will notice that the handguard is NOT the hideous aluminum dealie that normally comes on the SC. That's because I replaced it with a used [modified] HK33 handguard.
    Last edited by B_Brah; 01-07-2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: forgot something

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I replaced mine a few days ago and it was in pretty tight, the detent was in the correct position and it wasn't painted in but I had to hammer the bayonet adapter in after prying the end-cap off. I destroyed my end-cap too, it was black aluminum.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    I replaced mine a few days ago and it was in pretty tight, the detent was in the correct position and it wasn't painted in but I had to hammer the bayonet adapter in after prying the end-cap off. I destroyed my end-cap too, it was black aluminum.
    When we added the bayo adapter to mine and my buddy's rifles we had to really bugger up the end cap on one to get it off but the other popped right off easily. On both rifles the bayo adapter's went right in with no issues though.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    When we added the bayo adapter to mine and my buddy's rifles we had to really bugger up the end cap on one to get it off but the other popped right off easily. On both rifles the bayo adapter's went right in with no issues though.
    Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they got some paint inside a bit. It went in ok, I just had to tap it in to fully seat it with the back of the screwdriver.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Last edited by Josefius; 01-08-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have any thoughts on the Century C308?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Century C308?
    Buy a PTR91 instead...

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links