Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PTR91Noob View Post
    PTR noob here. Just picked up the PTR 91 A3S and the 3 free mags from Atlantic Firearms - this is my first .308 rifle and I'm looking to learn marksmanship fundamentals on it.

Took it apart and cleaned off the massive amount of lube they package it with. Then lightly oiled bolt carrier assembly. It took me entirely too long to reassemble the bolt onto the locking piece, but when I figured it out, it was easy.

Love the feel of this rifle. Can't wait to get it to the range and break it in!
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    Range report, when ready.

Tony
    PTR91Noob likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PTR91Noob View Post
    PTR noob here. Just picked up the PTR 91 A3S and the 3 free mags from Atlantic Firearms - this is my first .308 rifle and I'm looking to learn marksmanship fundamentals on it.

Took it apart and cleaned off the massive amount of lube they package it with. Then lightly oiled bolt carrier assembly. It took me entirely too long to reassemble the bolt onto the locking piece, but when I figured it out, it was easy.

Love the feel of this rifle. Can't wait to get it to the range and break it in!
    I remember the first time I field stripped my HK91. It took me a long time to figure out how to reinstall the bolt head on the carrier. After you do it a couple of times, it is quite fast. Takes about 1 minute know, but man, I remember how frustrated I was. This was before the days of you tube. There are some tutorials on line on how to take the whole bolt head and carrier apart and even how to replace the rollers.
    2ndAmendmentMason likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good stuff

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Official PTR91 Owner's Thread-c47235cd-eee1-4d3c-9b17-73b966ee9746_1_201_a.jpg
    Got this a couple of months ago. Replaced the flash hider with a SiCo ASR brake, changed out the LP for a #17, added the heavy buffer to the fixed stock and also to the telestock. Replaced the thumbscrew on the rear sight for the traditional smaller diameter type. Put a Trijicon in a LaRue SPR mount on. Replaced the original green hardware with HK black versions, and added an HK bipod. The trigger is ok, but I'm waiting on my Navy trigger housing with a worked over trigger pack to come in.
    Official PTR91 Owner's Thread-1a8dea34-c012-44ab-a66c-46ca4a00a039_1_201_a.jpg
    With the Omega 300 this is about the nicest shooting 7.62 I've played with. Without it, it's still very easy to shoot just a little more punishing to those on either side of the line.
    Official PTR91 Owner's Thread-588ed3f3-6816-4d56-93f9-3c8918542064_1_201_a.jpeg
    Which is where the Blast Shield comes in handy. A lot easier to others if I don't have the can on.
    Waiting to get my K3P next week, which will be SBRd into a G3K clone.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulkHead View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C47235CD-EEE1-4D3C-9B17-73B966EE9746_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	252580
    Got this a couple of months ago. Replaced the flash hider with a SiCo ASR brake, changed out the LP for a #17, added the heavy buffer to the fixed stock and also to the telestock. Replaced the thumbscrew on the rear sight for the traditional smaller diameter type. Put a Trijicon in a LaRue SPR mount on. Replaced the original green hardware with HK black versions, and added an HK bipod. The trigger is ok, but I'm waiting on my Navy trigger housing with a worked over trigger pack to come in.

Name:	1A8DEA34-C012-44AB-A66C-46CA4A00A039_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	252582
    With the Omega 300 this is about the nicest shooting 7.62 I've played with. Without it, it's still very easy to shoot just a little more punishing to those on either side of the line.

Name:	588ED3F3-6816-4D56-93F9-3C8918542064_1_201_a.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	4.88 MB 
ID:	252584
    Which is where the Blast Shield comes in handy. A lot easier to others if I don't have the can on.
    Waiting to get my K3P next week, which will be SBRd into a G3K clone.
    That is a really nice combination!!!

Tony
    BulkHead likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm gonna jump in (Even though I'm still shopping for my first rig ) So I was going to get a CETME Clone (C308) due to its wood and Milsurp parts , but then found out that there is German Wood for the PTR Rifles . I'm looking at a PTR GI from either Atlantic (I Like their 10/20 aluminum mags ) or Classic Firearms . Are there any other sources for a PTR GI or the Railed version of the GI that I could consider (Both of the mentioned ship to CA with Grip Wrap and FH removed . Thanx much for any info and I will review this entire thread tree

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    I'm gonna jump in (Even though I'm still shopping for my first rig ) So I was going to get a CETME Clone (C308) due to its wood and Milsurp parts , but then found out that there is German Wood for the PTR Rifles . I'm looking at a PTR GI from either Atlantic (I Like their 10/20 aluminum mags ) or Classic Firearms . Are there any other sources for a PTR GI or the Railed version of the GI that I could consider (Both of the mentioned ship to CA with Grip Wrap and FH removed . Thanx much for any info and I will review this entire thread tree
    Welcome to the site--- get the PTR GI from Atlantic Firearms--- great customer support!!!
    Let us know what you acquire.

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- get the PTR GI from Atlantic Firearms--- great customer support!!!
    Let us know what you acquire.

Tony
    I'm very interested in the Bayo Adapter from RTG and the Wood furniture from Northridge and the Greek Milsurp Bipod from ???? (But srsly I need to get the Rifle first ,then I can drop 350.00$ + on accessories )

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gator Monroe View Post
    I'm very interested in the Bayo Adapter from RTG and the Wood furniture from Northridge and the Greek Milsurp Bipod from ???? (But srsly I need to get the Rifle first ,then I can drop 350.00$ + on accessories )
    Before you acquire the bayonet lug (presume a bayonet at some point), read this, as not all are the same:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...-bayonets.html

Tony
    Gator Monroe likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slytiger View Post
    This thread delivers.

Those short barrel 12.5 G-3K's are interesting.
    Nice rifle and setup!!!

Tony

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Sponsored Links