Official PTR91 Owner's Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Nice, classic look--- tell us how it performed--- and finish your Snickers!!!

Tony!!!

Tony
    lol, ok. I shot two boxes of Federal XM80c 7.62x51 at 100 yards. I was fine tuning my iron-sight for elevation, got it zeroed in after one box of 20. The best I could manage was just on the left edge of the bulls eye in a 1/2 group with 3 rounds. The wind picked up and I was getting a dispersed pattern left of the bulls eye when I ran out of ammo. I finished the snickers after I shot my last round :) I must invest in some bulk ammo. What do you guys think of Freedom Munitions? I was contemplating starting out with 500 rounds of new ammo (not re-manufactured) If not I may just go with Federal whitebox.

By the way, the HK Tool I got from HKParts made it SO much easier than the needle nosed pliers I was using. Plus the screwdriver side made adjusting for windage great too, I know I'll be using that a lot.
    Last edited by Josefius; 02-13-2017 at 01:26 AM.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Widener's has new production German MEN NATO for a very reasonable price. It's very good stuff. Sportsman's guide has Hirtenberger , 960rounds for $560 or so. Also very good stuff.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'll check that out thanks! The lowest price on Freedom munitions for .308 is .69 cents a round.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outdoorlimited.com has Privi PPU ammo for pretty cheap ($10.39 for a box of 20). I am testing out various loadings by different manufacturers to find the one that shoots cleanest and is reliable and affordable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love my PTR91 FR. It was having some issues with the bolt carrier crushing incoming rounds, sent it to PTR, they replaced the bolt head, and locking piece, works like a dream now. I'm thirty years old and this is my 8th rifle, bar none my favorite, when my pennies add up a bit more I'll buy the original, but in the meantime this has done me well.

"Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."
    Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Legacy model and they did the same thing for me. Only in addition to crushing the rounds it wouldn't cycle properly. All fixed now and PTR was great to work with.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChefOTheRuler View Post
    I love my PTR91 FR. It was having some issues with the bolt carrier crushing incoming rounds, sent it to PTR, they replaced the bolt head, and locking piece, works like a dream now. I'm thirty years old and this is my 8th rifle, bar none my favorite, when my pennies add up a bit more I'll buy the original, but in the meantime this has done me well.

That is a very nice rifle and setup!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well dang it, I just ordered the PTR91 A3R from Atlantic last night. I need to stay out of these threads!
    My other rifle in 7.62x51 is a Springfield Armory Socom 16 I've had for 7 years. Excellent CQB rifle, but I've always wanted an HK91.
    Hope the PTR is a reliable as most seem to report.
    "Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Well dang it, I just ordered the PTR91 A3R from Atlantic last night. I need to stay out of these threads!
    My other rifle in 7.62x51 is a Springfield Armory Socom 16 I've had for 7 years. Excellent CQB rifle, but I've always wanted an HK91.
    Hope the PTR is a reliable as most seem to report.
    If it isn't then PTR will make it so for you.
    MickeyD likes this.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links