Official PTR91 Owner's Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Official PTR91 Owner's Thread

Mods, may we please have this thread as a sticky for reference for all PTR91 owner's to share information in? Please and Thank You!
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok I will jump in. I have a PTR91 GI. Good rifle, I think maybe 200-400 rounds shot through it. Fun gun, head turner at the range. Heavy trigger though, not very accurate standing as a result. But very fun. Going to finally get it zero'd at 100 yards soon and then figure it out from there.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentMason View Post
    Mods, may we please have this thread as a sticky for reference for all PTR91 owner's to share information in? Please and Thank You!
    I love my PTR 91 Special Edition GI, becoming my favorite at the range. I didn't realize how much I would love the .308 round, and recoil is minimal. Definately lighter than I expected. It must have the enhanced buffer installed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
    Last edited by Josefius; 01-07-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    -
    "Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

For anyone who is planning on attempting to change out the original painted cocking tube end cap to a bayonet adaptor, be prepared for a fight! If your end cap does not just come out when your detent is pressed in, then more than likely there is excess paint that dried between the end cap and the inside of the cocking tube. I had to drill a hole in the center of mine and then thread it and use a slide hammer to pull it out. Once the the old cap was out of the way my bayonet adaptor went in just like it was supposed to. Hopefully, all of yours will come out like they are supposed to though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So do we need to set up guidelines for this thread or what are we going to do with it?

My GI R is apart right now, I sent the trigger pack out to williams for a standard trigger job.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My thoughts on this thread were for it to be a "go to" of information on the PTR91 rifles that we can have readily available. Anything from pics of our rifles, pearls of wisdom on modifying them, or ammo that doesn't seem to function well or the best ammo that you have found for your rifles. I know when I was trying to replace the end cap on my rifle and it wasn't coming out easily like it was supposed to, I took to the search function here. I finally found one thread that had info on it and it helped me, but it would have been easier had it been in a "centralized" thread. What would you guys like to see here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm cool with that, what would not be as beneficial is for there to be a ton of chatter in here we'd run into the same issue of trying to find stuff in here that we have in the regular forum

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great idea for a thread like this!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Just my .02. Multiple conversations in a single thread will be very difficult to maintain. A group really allows for the organizational aspect of this endeavor. Maybe the mods would allow for your post to become a sticky and just act as a placeholder pointing interested members to the group page.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

@2ndAmendmentMason In lieu of a response to your PM (my box is full and I can't reply to you directly)

You are correct in your observation - most groups don't get a lot of traction. I will say that if everyone who joins - also subscribes to the notification feature, they will get an email when there is posting activity which should drive traffic back to the group. Stress this point to new group members when and if you pursue this endeavor.

Good luck

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links