Light Bipod Issue

Thread: Light Bipod Issue

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Light Bipod Issue

Hey guys! I got my HK style light bipod in from RTG Parts. It seems to be pretty decent, but I think I might have an issue.

When I fold the legs up into the HK wide forearm (authentic HK not Pakistani made etc.) the left leg tucks in nicely under the metal sling clip. But, on the right hand side, the leg wants to pop up out of the little slot were it sits in if I press up it. Here is a picture:

I tried manipulating the front/top of the bipod where it clips onto the rifle but this still happens. I am wondering if this bipod is out of spec? Or, is it normal for the right leg to move around like this since it doesn't have the sling clip holding it in place like on the left side?

Please let me know guys. Thanks!

Earl

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are you saying normal hand pressure from holding the forearm pops it out of place? Mine will do the same if I force it out, but its never popped out of place by itself.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mine move around a bit as well under hand pressure but not on their own. They aren't really held under much spring pressure.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
    Are you saying normal hand pressure from holding the forearm pops it out of place? Mine will do the same if I force it out, but its never popped out of place by itself.
    If I push up with a little force it comes out. It doesn't pop out on it's own only if I push on it from below. How hard is it for you to push yours out? Is it locked firmly in place?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^^^^ What you describe is normal.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    ^^^^ What you describe is normal.
    It is? For some reason I assumed it was supposed to lock in tight and not move. When I found it would shift out of place if I pushed it, I could have vomited. I was so upset that something was wrong. I plan to buy a Hensoldt 4x scope for this gun to make it into a German styled DMR and this bipod is critical to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When in the down position, they're supposed to lock up solid. Like Steve said, what you describe is normal for the bipod when folded up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Fat forends & those bipods do wiggle like that.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

DDG
    I fix the radar you'all try to stay under...

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much gang!!

I figured wrong. It just seemed odd to me that it was doing that and I thought I'd better ask about what was going on with it. I'm so glad it's not abnormal. I really didn't want to have to return the darn thing and then hope the next one was better and whatnot.

Now all I need is a Hensoldt 4x scope with the claw mount and my retro DMR will be complete!! :D

Sponsored Links