Zenith Z-5P Break-in Re: issue found
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Zenith Z-5P Break-in Re: issue found

  1. #1
    Member
    MickeyD's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : North of Salmon ID
    Age : 61
    Posts : 57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default Zenith Z-5P Break-in Re: issue found

    Hello Zenith fans.
    I wanted to report my first range session with the Z-5P I purchased and received Monday.
    I installed a SBT5K folding brace and loaded up a couple magazines with 115gr Federal and Winchester white box.
    Over the course of the 100 round shoot, the gun never experienced a flaw in feed or ejection.
    Target was at 10 yards and both brands of ammo printed a 1 1/2" group using a cheek weld.

    So far I'm very impressed with this pistol's performance and it's construction.
    Last edited by MickeyD; 02-03-2017 at 01:35 AM.

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : VA
    Posts : 171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I've been impressed with mine as well. Good to see it's running on the winny white box. That ammunition has a track record of tripping up many a platform.

  3. #3
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,297
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the range report!!!

    Tony

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Location : 29 Palms, CA SEMPER FI
    Posts : 1,194
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Hello Zenith fans.
    I wanted to report my first range session with the Z-5P I purchased and received Monday.
    I installed a SBT5K folding brace and loaded up a couple magazines with 115gr Federal and Winchester white box.
    Over the course of the 100 round shoot, the gun never experienced a flaw in feed or ejection.
    Target was at 10 yards and both brands of ammo printed a 1 1/2" group using a cheek weld.

    So far I'm very impressed with this pistol's performance and it's construction.
    You might want to not mention certain things on a public forum. That being said congrats on the new pistol.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Fade2Blk's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nothing wrong with a cheek weld
    Evil Minds That Plot Destruction

  7. #6
    Desperately Needs Treatment

    Join Date : Dec 2012
    Location : 29 Palms, CA SEMPER FI
    Posts : 1,194
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fade2Blk View Post
    Nothing wrong with a cheek weld
    It's a fine line and not something most people want to draw attention to. You are of course free to do anything you like.

  8. #7
    Member
    MickeyD's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : North of Salmon ID
    Age : 61
    Posts : 57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    You might want to not mention certain things on a public forum. That being said congrats on the new pistol.
    Thanks for your input. Your quote of my post will not hide the fact if I were to edit my post.
    The firearm was not shouldered.
    Last edited by MickeyD; 02-02-2017 at 01:54 PM.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Fade2Blk's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    Thanks for your input. Your quote of my post will not hide the fact if I were to edit my post.
    The firearm was not shouldered.
    Post a pic of that new MP5 if you get the chance. Any plans for a mount / optic?

  10. #9
    Very Senior Member
    OlDirtyBastard's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Location : mississippi
    Posts : 332
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    that's great news ! i was told by zenith cs. that the Z-5RS MKE should be on dealers shelves this month . SOLD !

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    ObviousLobster's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 125
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Don't worry about the cheek weld comments... the ATF has made no opinion about placing your cheek on a firearm. Putting a brace up to your shoulder is a whole other issue for them...

    But anyway! Glad to hear you're enjoying it and it's working well. Mine had a few (I think about five total?) hiccups in the form of one FTF or FTE per mag for the first handful of magazines running 115gr whitebox Winchester. Since then it's run like a top with 115/124gr projectiles, brass/steel/aluminum case, and about a half-dozen brands. Overall I have been unbelievably happy with my Z5RS. I'll be even happier when my stock adapter arrives and I can finally add the stock to my just-approved SBR! Any plans to SBR yours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk mp5 breakin

Click on a term to search for related topics.