MKE Quality
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MKE Quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MKE Quality

I have to say it's not an SP89 but I'm very impressed with the quality and functioning of my MKE pistol. I've already ran 350 rounds flawlessly without a hickup. The exterior and interior quality of mine is darn close I think to HK. The welds look nice and finish is great. I can't wait to get my stamp and throw a B&T folder and pistol grip HG on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MKE Quality-image_1486485333940.jpg  

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I too think that MKE manufactures a great pistol.
    One thing I felt a need to do was place a bevel on the bolt carrier where it contacts the hammer while cocking. The carrier was being marred from the 90 degree edge of the carrier. The bevel made a huge difference in cocking ease.
    Might want to check yours.
    "Honesty is the Foundation of One's Character"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

They are pretty nice!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where exactly is the carrier beveled or should be beveled?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks very nice in your pic. Congrats on a great buy.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noworky View Post
    I have to say it's not an SP89 but I'm very impressed with the quality and functioning of my MKE pistol. I've already ran 350 rounds flawlessly without a hickup. The exterior and interior quality of mine is darn close I think to HK. The welds look nice and finish is great. I can't wait to get my stamp and throw a B&T folder and pistol grip HG on it.

Sexy B!tch!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    You made me want to break mine out to take a look at the bolt carrier. Mine doesn't have a bevel on the rear edge, but it is worn slightly round from firing. I've never noticed a problem cocking the carrier back manually and everything functions as it should on range days. I wonder if maybe you had a stronger hammer spring that made the friction too much between the hammer and carrier which is what gave you so many failures?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ObviousLobster View Post
    You made me want to break mine out to take a look at the bolt carrier. Mine doesn't have a bevel on the rear edge, but it is worn slightly round from firing. I've never noticed a problem cocking the carrier back manually and everything functions as it should on range days. I wonder if maybe you had a stronger hammer spring that made the friction too much between the hammer and carrier which is what gave you so many failures?
    I never had any failures.
    I didn't think the marks on the hammer from the carrier were appropriate. If you look at the firing pin retaining plate on a 1911, you will see that it is rounded/beveled to ease the cocking of the hammer.
    I could imagine that a squared off carrier might slow the inertia of the carrier assembly to cause FTE issues. Check out images of other bolt carriers and you will see many have a bevel.

See post #17 Bevel
    Last edited by MickeyD; 02-08-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    I too think that MKE manufactures a great pistol.
    One thing I felt a need to do was place a bevel on the bolt carrier where it contacts the hammer while cocking. The carrier was being marred from the 90 degree edge of the carrier. The bevel made a huge difference in cocking ease.
    Might want to check yours.
    Good grief! That makes all the sense in the world. I have a Z5-P I bought recently and while I love the gun, it is damn hard to charge. My wife can't even charge it. I just check and my bolt carrier has a 90 degree edge, looks like I need to fix that right away.

How would you recommend beveling the edge? Stones and/or fine files? Of course I would start slow and only take a little off at a time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links